Talk

Advanced search

How to make fish cakes.

(8 Posts)
bumpsnowjustplump Fri 31-Jul-09 08:56:15

I have some salmon, some cod and some potatoes... I was wondering how to make fish cakes with them? Does anyone have a nice recipe?

MaureenMLove Fri 31-Jul-09 09:00:08

I did some this week actually! I boiled the potatoes, mashed them, then let them cool down for a bit. Chopped the salmon into little chunks and added some dill (not very much, because it's very strong) alternatively you could use parsley. Added salt and pepper and mixed it all in with the mash. Formed into patties, egged them and rolled them in bread crumbs.

The most important bit, imho, is to chill them for as long as you can. They firm up then, and won't fall apart in the pan.

Good luck!

bumpsnowjustplump Fri 31-Jul-09 09:03:55

thank you that is great. did you poach the fish first or bake it? Sorry if I sound clueless but never made them before and dont want the fish to be overcooked

MaureenMLove Fri 31-Jul-09 09:06:02

Nope. No need really. The pieces are small enough to cook through in the pan.

bumpsnowjustplump Fri 31-Jul-09 09:10:39

fantastic thank you so much...

KellyDD Fri 07-Aug-09 13:39:51

Try this recipe but substitute the salmon for the cod - its very quick and easy to follow:

http://www.britishpotatoes.co.uk/salmon-fish-cakes/

SkaterGrrrrl Fri 14-Aug-09 16:10:06

I made www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3491/salmon-and-dill-fish-cakes-in-4-easy-steps these fishcakes recently, they were yummy!

SkaterGrrrrl Fri 14-Aug-09 16:10:40

Sorry about hyperlinking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now