Talk

Advanced search

What to bring to a barbecue

(10 Posts)
naughtynoonoo Thu 30-Jul-09 15:24:25

Going to a barbecue on Sunday, any ideas what I can take with me as I offered to make something nice. I haven't got a clue what to make and am not exactly a Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen. Any easy ideas would be very grateful - thanks

HuffySpice Thu 30-Jul-09 15:25:59

What sort of thing? A salad? A startery snacky thing? A pud?

Good and easy bbq pud is meringues with fruit and cream.

janeite Thu 30-Jul-09 15:27:23

Marinade and part-cook some veggies, then layer up with cubes of halloumi to make kebabs, ready to just whack on the barbie when you get there. Will look like loads of effort, will be scrummy but mega easy.

thighsmadeofcheddar Thu 30-Jul-09 15:30:10

Cheesecake - there are some good ones (easy to make) in the mumsnet database.
Or marinate some chicken wings in tomato puree/bbq sauce/brown sugar etc.
Or do a nice tomato salad

Sagacious Thu 30-Jul-09 15:31:43

As a regular BBQ hostess the best gifts people have brought are wine and olives and an offer to help clear up smile

random Thu 30-Jul-09 15:34:30

An umbrella grin

cyanarasamba Thu 30-Jul-09 15:34:34

Lovely salad I have taken to BBQs before:

Roast chunks of veggies (peppers, red onion, courgette & aubergine) in olive oil.

Make up some couscous, mix with the cooled veggies and chopped fresh mint, corriander and parsley (one pack of each from the supermarket) and the juice of a lemon.

Sagacious Thu 30-Jul-09 15:34:41

Jamie O's tomato salad is lovely

Slice up different tomatoes
Mix 6 tablespoons olive oil with 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, chuck in some rinsed canellini beans and fresh basil and some black olives.

sweetheart Thu 30-Jul-09 15:39:38

I think a nice idea would be tomato and mozzerella, which can be used on the side as a salad or put into burger buns to make yummy burgers.

Slice beef tomato's and mozzerella then layer them. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sprinkle over some basil and black pepper.

yum yum

sweetheart Thu 30-Jul-09 15:40:46

or asparagus spears wrapped in bacon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now