Talk

Advanced search

Gluten and dairy free recipe for main course and/or dessert

(7 Posts)
006 Mon 23-May-05 17:52:06

I have a coeliac friend coming for dinner. She is also unable to eat dairy products (is that the same for all coeliacs???). I am struggling to know what to cook. I suppose I could wimp out and do steak and salad, but I would like to do something a bit more creative. Recipe hunt so far has been hopeless.

Any ideas or recipes anyone???

Thanks

bubbaloo Mon 23-May-05 21:26:05

im not a coeliac but ive loads of food intollerances such as wheat,gluten,yeast etc...
i think you'll find that your friend will still be able to eat meat,potatoes,veg and rice.you can also buy free from pasta(which is normally made of corn)from most supermarkets aswell as dairy free ice-cream also.
you could have a nice stir fry with rice or even a roast dinner as a main course,then meringue,ice cream and fruit for dessert-yum!
hope this helps-if not post your question on the allergies section and you'll probably get a good response

spod Mon 23-May-05 21:30:59

Message deleted

spod Mon 23-May-05 21:31:14

Message deleted

tiddlypom Mon 23-May-05 21:38:26

Dh has recently been diagnosed as coeliac: coeliacs aren't dairy-free usually AFAIK. Risottos are good, so is curry and rice, for us. Dairy-free makes dessert a bit more of a challenge! Dh now eats loads of fruit - could you get some exotic ones and do an exciting platter - starfruit, pawpaw, strawberries etc?

spod Mon 23-May-05 21:47:45

Message deleted

Twiglett Mon 23-May-05 21:53:05

mixed berries with bananas for dessert then those who want could have cream

stew (but be careful of any stock for gluten), roast dinner, poached salmon and veg

there's loads you can do

you can also buy gluten free cakes / biscuits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now