Talk

Advanced search

recipe ideas for a ton of grapes!

(14 Posts)
oxocube Wed 29-Jul-09 12:35:53

My friend has asked me for ideas for next month when her grapes are ripe and I'm struggling to think of many things to use them in other than fruit or chicken salad. Any ideas anyone? TIA

ninah Wed 29-Jul-09 12:37:11

wine?

oxocube Wed 29-Jul-09 12:37:22

Oh, she also has lots of tart apples (crab apples?) but I guess they could be made into preserves. Any other ideas for these would also be very welcome smile

Iklboo Wed 29-Jul-09 12:37:36

Suppose wine is out of the question grin

phdlife Wed 29-Jul-09 12:38:06

I do NOT know how, but I would make grape jam (being a Yank I want to call it grape jelly) because, being a Yank, I looooove the stuff and you can never get it anywhere.

oxocube Wed 29-Jul-09 12:38:16

ninah, I thought of that but too complicated to get something drinkable I would have thought!! Can you make grape jam/jelly?

oxocube Wed 29-Jul-09 12:39:41

phdlife grin Great minds think alike! Don't suppose you have a recipe that you could recommend? Never had grape jelly - is it nice? What's the nearest Brit equivalent in terms of taste?

HeadFairy Wed 29-Jul-09 12:42:20

this looks rather nice but don't need many grapes though so she'd have to make quite a few to use all her grapes up.

HeadFairy Wed 29-Jul-09 12:43:20

grape chutney this recipe doesn't call for much, but perhaps you could up the quantities and make extra.

ninah Wed 29-Jul-09 12:45:16

I bet you it isn't, you can make wine out of anything (lush emoticon)
there are recipes on internet
I made elderflower champagne earlier this year and it was lovely, if a bit trippy

HeadFairy Wed 29-Jul-09 12:45:20

She might not want to make wine, but what about grape juice?

Also, she could do a chocolate fondue and dip grapes in (along with some other fruits, strawberries, bananas etc)

Sounds to me like she needs to throw a party... grape martini anyone?

oxocube Wed 29-Jul-09 12:51:28

All sounds fab, esp the grape martini (shaken not stirred!) grin. I'll pass all these messages on!

oxocube Wed 29-Jul-09 12:52:25

ninah, love the sound of your trippy elderflower champagne!

ninah Wed 29-Jul-09 12:54:53

it was really v easy to make, just elderflowers steeped in boiling water, sugar, lemon and optional yeast
tasted lovely and you dream of flying, and more
not one for a formal dinner ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now