Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I have your favourite (easy) BBQ suggestions?

(7 Posts)
GrapefruitMoon Wed 29-Jul-09 09:57:40

We're going on a Keycamp type holiday in France soon and there is a gas BBQ provided so I'd like to make the most of it.

I'd like some new suggestions to expand my repertoire - ideally ones that don't have a long list of ingredients for a marinade as I don't want to have to take loads of stuff with me, so must be things that are easy to find in a local supermarket.

Would like to try some fish/shellfish as I've never BBQd that before...

word Wed 29-Jul-09 22:32:03

Quesadillas - tortillas folded in half and filled with cheese, and tomato sauce (jar or reduce a tin of tomatoes). Brush with oil and BBQ.

BBQed tuna is delicious. I tend to marinate in lime juice and coriander -no recipe as such.

Prawns on skewers of course.

Asparagus. Sliced aubergines. Hmmmmm

tkband3 Wed 29-Jul-09 22:38:12

Make your own burgers...mix mince with a chopped onion, garlic, a few herbs, a bit of chilli (if you fancy it) and mould into burger shapes. Yum, much nicer than shop-bought ones.

I did tuna for the first time recently - marinaded 2 big steaks in 3 tbps of soy sauce, 2 tsps honey and 1 tsp ground ginger...fantastic.

You can get some great spice/herb mixes now. Sainsburys do a great Moroccan one which is lovely on chicken and lamb and would be good on fish too.

Amapoleon Wed 29-Jul-09 22:44:30

Buy burgers from the butcher, put a blob of blue cheese in the middle and roll into a ball, bung on bbq.

Slice a courgette lengthways, stuff with goats cheese and raisins, blue cheese and walnuts, whatever takes your fancy really. Close back together and brush with a little olive oil. Wrap in foil and bung directly on the coals.

Buy fresh prawns, bung on a skewer and bung on bbq.

The french do lovely sausages and black pudding.

GrapefruitMoon Thu 30-Jul-09 07:36:53

Some great suggestions there - thanks! One problem I found last year was that mince didn't taste as good as here when making burgers. Don't know what they do that's different....

MadameCastafiore Thu 30-Jul-09 07:53:04

Have halloumi - is the scrummiest part of any BBQ for me.

Scallops and prawns threaded on skewer marinaded in olive oil, lemon rind and garlic are yummy.

GrapefruitMoon Thu 30-Jul-09 08:31:21

Yes we love haloumi - wonder how easy it is to get in France - or is there a French cheese that works as well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now