Talk

Advanced search

What can I cook for my MIL tonight?

(5 Posts)
Pinkjenny Thu 23-Jul-09 09:42:58

My own mum usually looks after dd on a Thursday and Friday, but she is on holiday, so MIL is staying overnight tonight to look after dd.

Dh and I eat lots of pasta meals, but MIL only likes very plain food. When we go to her house, she generally cooks a joint, with accompanying vegetables.

I do not really have time to cook a joint, so what can I buy at the supermarket today that I can cook tonight when I get in from work.

I realise this is quite a vague brief. She doesn't like any 'foreign' food. hmm

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 23-Jul-09 09:44:40

Sausages and mash, pie and mash, chicken wings/thighs/drumsticks with new potatoes, pork/lamb chops, roast new potatoes (they cook quickly) and vegetables.

thighsmadeofcheddar Thu 23-Jul-09 09:44:55

Chicken pieces roasted in the oven with some rosemary, steamed baby potatoes and veg or salad?

Pinkjenny Thu 23-Jul-09 09:56:54

Good, good. Obviously as I am her only DIL that works, I want her to see how totally capable I am of MNing working all day and then coming home and whipping up a nutritious meal for my family grin

notamumyetbutoneday Thu 23-Jul-09 13:08:21

My PIls are exactly the same. Last time they came I did chicken breast stuffed with sausage (sausage skin removed), sundried tomato and basil and roasted in the oven, with roasted baby pots and veg. It went down really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now