Picnic ideas please

(10 Posts)
shigella92 Tue 21-Jul-09 21:45:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Doodle2u Tue 21-Jul-09 23:04:33

Bloody Nora - that's some list of special dietry requirements, innit? shock

Vegan wraps with selection of fillings?

Nut roast slices or pecan pie slices.

Jambalaya in a warm food plast with crusty bread and a bit o' salad.

Ice cream and no freezer.....it's not gonna work!

Doodle2u Tue 21-Jul-09 23:05:16

warm food plast hmm

I meant - FLASK!!!

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 22-Jul-09 08:59:20

chickpea and couscous salad?
some kind of tomato tart with herbs/pesto? (Disclaimer: I have no idea if pastry is vegan-friendly)

MrsBadger Wed 22-Jul-09 09:03:55

if you make icecream without an icecream maker you have to let it 'ripen' for 20min at least in the fridge before it's scoopable, so an hour in a coldbag should be just about ok...

cold noodle salads

tart is good idea but ime you usu need eggs / cheese to make the filling set

Cleanitlikebanksysmaid Wed 22-Jul-09 09:04:39

ooooh lookie [[ http://urbanvegan.blogspot.com/2008/07/101-fast-recipes-for-inspired-vegan.html here]] Shigella. Did anyone see the observer this Sunday.....whatsherface paul mcartney's ex trollop did an artical on her new veggie restaurant....claims to of 'invented a recipe' for vegan icecream...silly moo.

Cleanitlikebanksysmaid Wed 22-Jul-09 09:06:25

Whoops! I meant here

plusonemore Wed 22-Jul-09 09:13:42

check out this amazing thing Phil did on This Morning the other week- like a huge many layered club sandwich made of a whole loaf and then baked, cooled and sliced like a cake. Looked delicious, loads of different ideas for fillings here

he also did these

plusonemore Wed 22-Jul-09 09:15:32

the loaf thing, it doesnt make it clear but you slice the bread horizontally rather than vertically, layer it all up again with the fillings to make it into a loaf again IYSWIM!!

shigella92 Wed 22-Jul-09 12:20:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now