Talk

Advanced search

What can I make with loads of eating apples?

(13 Posts)
elsmommy Sat 21-May-05 10:43:31

Something easy cos I'm a rubbish cook and I don't have loads of ingredients either

MarsLady Sat 21-May-05 10:45:05

apple crumble.

flour, sugar, oats (if you have them), butter. Rub together between your fingers (or pop in blender for a quick whizz).

Peel apples, pop in dish, cover with crumble and bobs your uncle.

JoolsToo Sat 21-May-05 10:46:08

and Sally's your aunt

ebbie22 Sat 21-May-05 10:46:54

You could drizle them in golden syrap and fill them with rasins,pop them in oven,cant remember all the details but someone here will im sure xx

elsmommy Sat 21-May-05 10:47:12

I do have oats

Thanks!!

cupcakes Sat 21-May-05 11:10:15

mmm - add cinnamon to the crumble, it's v yummy

teeavee Sat 21-May-05 11:39:57

heard a good one on french radio this morning - authentic normandy recipe for baked apples!!

1.Core the apples
2.In each apple, put a teaspoonful of butter, a bayleaf, couple of cinnamon sticks/some cinnamon powder, add 2 sugar cubes on top, a spoonful of concentrated milk, and, lastly, pour some calvados/cognac onto the sugarcubes.
3. Bake in v.hot oven on a tray with some cider on the bottom. Test with knife to see if thwy're soft enough.

Might be making this myself this weekend!

stitch Sat 21-May-05 11:48:52

use the bake your own croissants pastry and make an apple pie thing out of it.
or make jam out of it
or cover in lemon and chilli and eat with pitta
or invite your kids friend round, and let them dunk for them.
cover in chocolate?
give to your friends?
chuck int he bin/ compost heap?

teeavee Sat 21-May-05 11:54:15

I make apple & prune puree for my baby son
just apples cubed, barely covered with water, and some pitted prunes. Cook untill apples are soft, then whizz. great for mixing into yoghurt or spreading on toast even. I freeze it in loittle bags/old yoghurt pots

KatieMac Sun 22-May-05 00:44:55

Apple Charlotte - stew the apples and put breadcrumbs (with a bit of caster sugar or brown sugar in) over the top and dab butter over the top and bake in the oven - heaven with ice cream

Auntfanny Sun 22-May-05 08:12:05

another vote for apple crumble with custard delcious and yess fanny is your aunt!

pepsi Sun 22-May-05 08:15:37

Apple crumble is what I always do with the leftovers plus I puree some up and put in on top of ice cream. My 5 and and 3 year old love that. Do the same on top of ice cream with rhubarb too.

bobbybob Sun 22-May-05 08:44:22

bob's my ds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now