Talk

Advanced search

New to Fan assisted Oven need meringue help!!

(9 Posts)
6inchnipples Sat 18-Jul-09 21:52:33

Just got a new fan assisted oven.

Meringues used to take 2 hours in my conventional oven but not sure how long to do them in the new fan assisted oven.

Made some and did them for 1 and half hours and we are considering paving the garden with them grin

Anyone????

PlumBumMum Sat 18-Jul-09 21:56:47

I do mine for 1 and a quarter at 140

HumpingAnteater Sat 18-Jul-09 21:59:23

Suck it and see test?.

Make a batch cook for 40 mins take one out test. Coook 1 hour etc.

Was the oven pre-heated?.

6inchnipples Sat 18-Jul-09 22:01:28

are they chewy in the middle ( i like mine a little chewy in the centre)

I usually do them at 100, will try 140

Should look at 'compare the 'mee' ringues.com
grin

6inchnipples Sat 18-Jul-09 22:03:52

humping the only thing is that you need them to cool before you can actually test them properly. The first batch appeared fine but then were like paving stones when they cooled!!

PlumBumMum Sat 18-Jul-09 22:04:12

Yeap mine are chewy

theyoungvisiter Sat 18-Jul-09 22:04:57

I do mine at 140 for about an hour for a 3 egg-white pavlova or about 45 mins for individual blobs.

They come out crispy on the top and toffeeish in the middle.

Obviously will depend how thick you pipe them though.

PlumBumMum Sat 18-Jul-09 22:05:40

But I always take mine out of the oven quite soon, none of this leave them in the oven overnight malarky

theyoungvisiter Sat 18-Jul-09 22:09:31

I agree - I take mine out straight away - it will also depend whether you take them off the tray straight away or leave them on the tray.

The problem is all ovens vary a lot. My sister does the same recipe, also has a fan assisted oven, and has to do hers for nearly 15 mins longer. Her oven is just a bit cooler, even at the same settings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now