Talk

Advanced search

Bacon and Tuna - can they go together???

(8 Posts)
FAQinglovely Sat 18-Jul-09 14:40:55

I have a small pack of bacon in the fridge, plus 2 small tins of tuna.

Making a concerted effort to use everything in my fridge/freezer/cupboards before buying new stuff.

So was thinking of a tuna/bacon pasta thing with tinned tomatoes, the remaining green pepper and onions?

Do bacon and tuna work together well or are my family going to think I've pushed the boundaries too far? (they're generally very unfussy..........)

Mamazon Sat 18-Jul-09 14:42:42

tuna mayo sarnies for lunch, tomatoe and bacon pasta for tea.

i don't think i'd mix them myself.
but then i still get freaked out about tuna and onions

Frizbe Sat 18-Jul-09 14:45:31

Yep bacon chopped up small, mixed with tuna, melted cheese over the top and some salad, would be what I'd do, bacon tuna melt!

FAQinglovely Sat 18-Jul-09 14:45:34

there's not enough bacon to use it on it's own for a meal - otherwise I would have done (and have done in the past lol)

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 18-Jul-09 14:50:15

FAQ why not make one sauce with the toms, peppers and onions then divide it in half and add the tuna to one and the bacon to the other. One large pan of pasta and everyone gets to choose which sauce to put on top.

I'm not sure whether tuna and bacon go together, I'd be nervous of ending up with something that no-one wanted to eat! grin

FAQinglovely Sat 18-Jul-09 14:54:45

ahh but Ali if I did that then sods law would dictate that they'd all only want to eat one of them grin.

I tend not to tell them exactly what's in a meal until they're half way through eating it - as DS2 is at a "oh I don't like x,y,z" phase and if I tell a meal contains those ingredients we won't eat it.

Otherwise he eats it quite happily and then does an embarrassed smirk when I reveal the ingredients that he "doesn't like" grin

PrincessToadstool Sat 18-Jul-09 14:58:45

Do what Alibaba says - give them all whichever one and just say it all has tuna and bacon in?

FAQinglovely Sat 18-Jul-09 15:02:11

mind you knowing my DS's they'll want both - and will mix it all together on the plate anyhow.

Shall use Frizbe's post as a "yes" and do it.

grin

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now