Talk

Advanced search

Kalamata Olive Paste?

(24 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 18:06:44

The title says it all, really. Where can I find some? Sunita used to make some, but our local health food store doesn't stock it any more. I can get it at Broadway Market, but it only keeps for a little while. I want something that will keep in the fridge for a while.

(I guess I could make it myself, but I hate hate hate pitting things.)

snafu Thu 19-May-05 18:13:06

Are you in Hackney then, nqc? Doesn't the big Tesco's on Mare St have any?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 18:27:46

I'm in Mile End. Haven't tried that Tesco's. I have tried Ocado. Hmm, maybe I should try the big Sainsbury's, or the Waitrose at Canary Wharf?

snafu Thu 19-May-05 18:33:17

Oooh, yes, forgot about Waitrose. Much more likely, I reckon. There's Fresh & Wild in Old St too (bit of a trek just for that though) Or what about the deli next to Frocks in Viccy Park?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 19:17:37

Oh, I like the sound of Fresh & Wild, it's near the Old St Roundabout, isn't it?

If by the deli next to Frocks, you mean, the Frocks deli, it's gone.

You'd think Eau a la Bouche (in Broadway Market) would have some, I should ask them if they can get me some. The stuff I can get in Broadway Market is from one of the stalls, and it comes from a big bucket.

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 19:24:48

Tesco make their own in the Finest range, alsorts of diffent variations too.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 19:39:57

Ah, NDP, we do have a Tesco's not that far away. Presumably it's the sort of thing that a bigger Tescos would do, more than a smaller one ...

snafu Thu 19-May-05 19:41:41

Ulp. When did Frocks's deli go??

hoxtonchick Thu 19-May-05 19:55:32

tesco's on mare st is full of nutters....

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 19:57:41

I would think so, NQC, my local Tesco is pretty generously proportioned

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 20:04:53

They sell the Finest Tapenade on Teasco online

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 20:37:18

snafu, Frock's deli went ages ago - even before the Frock's fire. I don't think it was making money. I think Eau a la Bouche has taken a lot of their market, anyway, and are doing it much better.

There's a lovely new Vietnamese place just off the big roundabout there, by the way, just north east of Frocks. Really nice food, very reasonable prices.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 20:38:27

hoxtonchick, do you mean nutters? or mumsnetters? (or is there a difference?)

NDP, I've not tried Tescos online, it's probably not worth it for just olive paste. I think I looked at them before deciding on Ocado, but they didn't have enough organic meat.

hoxtonchick Thu 19-May-05 20:39:42

i mean proper bona fide nutters nqc! broadway market on the other hand is very classy & 5 minutes walk from our house. hooray.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 20:40:56

Broadway Market is a long walk from ours, or a short bike ride, but I love it there. I know the owner of Eau a la Bouche, and the bread they have ... oooh. Also, the tomato stand, the knitting shop, it's such a nice little urban oasis.

hoxtonchick Thu 19-May-05 20:42:47

our favourites are the 3 seed bread, the giant baked beans & as much cake as ds & i can sneak past dp .

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 20:44:25

Oh, and the Chicken B'Stilla, the sausisson sec, the proper pate, the French yoghurt. Hmm, I think we're hitting Broadway Market this Saturday again.

The Market itself is such a nice little improvement - I did antenatal yoga at the new agey place, and I remember that street as always being more than a bit dead, other than Little Georgia.

hoxtonchick Thu 19-May-05 20:45:53

i so agree. we've been here 3.5 years & the change in that time is amazing. i like the gastro-pub near the park, but not too keen on the new owners of little georgia. have you been to armadillo? fabulous.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 21:02:02

I've been to armadillo once, it was good. I liked ikubo or whatever it was called, in the old location, haven't been that much since it moved. There are a couple of new restaurants up there that I haven't been to at all, I think.

hoxtonchick Thu 19-May-05 21:04:30

yes ikubo was much better when it was the old cafe, i spent much of ds' pregnancy in there eating chocolate cake.

snafu Thu 19-May-05 21:21:41

I went to the new pub on the corner of BM a few weeks ago when visiting my bro in his fabulous new bachelor pad and it was 'lovely'. I love it round there, miss it terribly.

I did antenatal yoga at Holistic Health, NQC - is that the place you mean?

snafu Thu 19-May-05 21:22:18

Oh! Armadillo - best steak I have ever eaten.

hoxtonchick Thu 19-May-05 22:01:31

sounds like we need to have a broadway market meet up!

NotQuiteCockney Thu 19-May-05 22:24:03

Snafu, that is where I mean. Dinosaur did antenatal yoga there too - Julie Sumner? I did postnatal yoga there, as well.

A Broadway Market meet would be great. Aren't there a fair number of Hackney mumsnetters? (dinosaur and jj are both in Hackney)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now