Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a yummy vege recipe, vegeburgers perhaps? Needs to be PKU friendly....

(7 Posts)
MadreInglese Mon 13-Jul-09 14:43:45

ie can't contain any protein so can't use eggs to stick together, also I think flour is limited (IIRC I can use low protein or gluten-free flour, I think)

Does anyone know of a nice recipe? Would like to make it if I can, or failing that a supermarket where I can get PKU friendly vegeburgers?

I have a friend coming for dinner who has PKU, she usually wants no fuss and just brings her own but I'd really like to cook for her if possible and I though vegeburgers is something the other guests could eat too.

Any tips MUCH appreciated

this link is useful for PKU restrictions

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 13-Jul-09 14:52:54

falafel burgers here - uses chickpeas but I can't find chickpeas on the list you linked to these are om nom nom

MadreInglese Mon 13-Jul-09 15:00:18

Thanks BALD (not keen on your acronym wink)

I'm hoping to get a list of a few possibles that I can suggest to her and she can pick the most suitable

My plan B is hot veg fajitas - stir fried with (hoping I can get) gluten free tortillas or pitta bread and some salsa

StirlingTheStrong Mon 13-Jul-09 15:06:41

I believe the corn tortillas are gluten free smile

MadreInglese Mon 13-Jul-09 15:17:18

Ooh, thanks, will have a look at those

naomi83 Mon 13-Jul-09 18:42:19

I would go for thick veggy based soup- i make a yummy red lentil, carrot and sweet potato one, with a big salad with lettuce, roasted veggies, nuts and cheese

MadreInglese Tue 14-Jul-09 09:25:29

Thanks, soup is a good idea, but she can't have nuts or cheese unfortunately

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now