Talk

Advanced search

vege barbecue

(10 Posts)
oneofakind Sun 12-Jul-09 19:11:11

hi all, please help!
first time bbq next sat (weather permitting) and have quite a few vegetarian guests around. pls can anyone furnish me with vegetarian bbq ideas - skewers perhaps (of what?), should I make a quiche or whatever to supplement vege recipes, what do you mn vegetarians eat at bbq's? planning on doing large bowl of home made coleslaw, home made potato salad, green mixed salad plus other non-veg stuff. not a very ambitious cook and will be getting to grips with bbq equipment, plus toddler hanging off legs so nothing to complicated pls (pref something that can be prepared/marinaded day before)!

RorysRacingMa Sun 12-Jul-09 19:19:16

Get some red peppers and cut off the tops and pull out the seeds. Put a couple of slices of halloumi in and grill. Yum

Lulumama Sun 12-Jul-09 19:21:04

chunks of halloumi cheese and courgette

vegetable kebabs - red onion, pepper, mushrooms etc

JodieO Sun 12-Jul-09 19:21:11

Jacket potatoes is a good one, I do mine in the oven usually. I'm a vegetarian but I'm fussy so I'd eat before going as I don't want to be a hassle to people. I don't like salad, peppers and other things. I do quorn or other veggie substitutes when I have one myself though as well as meat for others.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 12-Jul-09 19:23:13

Veggie kebabs -skewers of pieces of marinaded peppers, mushrooms, red onion, courgette etc.

We used to put cubes of halloumi on them too but as they take less time we now do skewers of halloumi separate and put them on the BarBQ a bit later

janeite Sun 12-Jul-09 19:29:15

Corn on the cob is lovely barbecued but I can't remember how you actually do it.

Haloumi is gorgeous but be careful as it can go from raw to incinerated in seconds.

raspberrytart Mon 13-Jul-09 10:23:01

Large mushroom with cheese grilled/bbq'd in a bun
tortilla wraps grilled/bbq'd put on cheese/salsa/sun dried toms put another tortilla on top and grill
feta cheese in toasted pitta serve with dips
chickpea salad
stuffed aubergines

gemmiegoatlegs Mon 13-Jul-09 10:24:45

Yes, another vote for baked spuds and loads of salady stuff.

midnightexpress Mon 13-Jul-09 10:27:18

Halloumi is the food of the gods.

I could eat it by the kilo.

Sorry, just felt I had to add that.

SkaterGrrrrl Fri 31-Jul-09 19:56:02

Large mushrooms brushed with oil and pesto

Halloumi

Skewers with slices of courgette, onion, peppers and whole cherry tomatoes

Jacket potatoes in tin foil

Corn on the cob

Watermelon

<drools>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now