Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - need subsitute for silken tofu - preferably meaty......

(7 Posts)
Gwenick Wed 18-May-05 22:08:30

I know that sounds really odd - and we have lots of vegatarian meals in this house, but neither DH or I are keen on Tofu - and the recipe I have requires Silken Tofu (and Tesco only does 'firm' anyhow).

It's for a lasagne if that's any help (oh and I need to have some ideas in the next 20 minutes or so as I need to get my shopping online done)

Thanks

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 18-May-05 22:13:59

What about ricotta cheese, with spinach mixed in - I make cannelloni with this filling - it's yum.

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 18-May-05 22:14:46

sorry, that's not meaty, but it's good!

Gwenick Wed 18-May-05 22:16:24

do you think that would work the recipes says

"Combine tofu, spinach, egg and seasonings, and mix well. In baking dish, begin with bottom layer of spaghetti sauce mixture, followed by uncooked noodles, tofu mixture, noodles again, and top with remaining sauce."

Can't copy the whole recipe or I could get intro trouble - it's a subscription thing and we're not allowed to copy recipes

darlingbud Wed 18-May-05 22:17:28

if its lasgne could you use quorn mince?

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 18-May-05 22:19:05

The consistency of ricotta is sort of a cross between firm and silken tofu, so would probably be a reasonable subsitute.

Gwenick Wed 18-May-05 22:20:28

thanks - shall go for the ricotta then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now