Talk

Advanced search

cooking with frozen Quorn mince

(10 Posts)
Holymoly321 Fri 10-Jul-09 16:59:43

Am making a spag bol with a bag of frozen quorn mince I found in the freezer. Question is, can I freeze the leftover bolognaise and reheat for another day?

Carrotfly Fri 10-Jul-09 17:00:40

I usually do.

Nobody has died yet grin

bumpybecky Fri 10-Jul-09 17:01:47

same here not killed anyone yet.....

sweetkitty Fri 10-Jul-09 17:03:36

yes is the quick answer

Holymoly321 Fri 10-Jul-09 17:09:31

thanks - frozen quorn is cool! the boys are eating it and haven't noticed it's not the real thing!

gorionine Fri 10-Jul-09 17:14:50

Yes you can. I prefer "veggie mince" myself, I find Quorn mince too "powdery".

Holymoly321 Fri 10-Jul-09 17:21:56

thanks gorionine - might try that next time - can you freeze the leftovers of that too? Also, these quorn leftovers, can I zap in the microwave from frozen or do I have to defrost them first?

gorionine Fri 10-Jul-09 17:29:57

from what DH told me (used to be a chef) you can freeze anything as long as you have cooked it before. I explain : you forget the bag of quorn out of the freeezer and it defrosts you cannot just put it back in the freezer but if you cook it before (ie make a bolognese) you can for some reason that I forgotblush!

gorionine Fri 10-Jul-09 17:33:34

For you other question, I would not know about tne microwave as I do not own one but when I take let's say a leftover lasagna from the freezer I put it in a frying pan with just a little bit of water,on the stove with the lid on at very low heat to avoid burning without defrosting.HTH (if you can understand a word of that terribly long sentence!

Holymoly321 Fri 10-Jul-09 19:05:07

all understood! Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now