Talk

Advanced search

flavoured rice

(4 Posts)
fairydust Wed 18-May-05 15:44:19

At the mo we are gonig through lots of packets of flavoured rice so i thought i'd try and make my own - do i cook it in stock or is there something i can add once it's cooked (which i'd prepare as i prefer to use boil in the bag rice)

marne Wed 18-May-05 16:23:45

hi fairydust,
You can cook it in stock, also you can add paprika (dont know if spelt corect) to the water, it tastes great and gives the rice that yellow/orange colour. You could try adding curry powder etc..
Good luck.

Tipex Wed 18-May-05 20:23:28

you can actually buy special flavoured stock cubes just for cooking rice altho dont know if this defeats the object!! How about stirring in a bit of pesto after cooking? or a bit of harissa paste?

Laura032004 Thu 19-May-05 22:22:11

I use the stock cubes - think they're called 'Pilau Rice' by Knorr. Not good if you're on a diet though IIRC as they've got loads of oil in them. When following SW I used to add onion and paprika.

I'd love to know how to make the jewelled rice they have in supermarkets. Sure it's just the addition of loads of oil that makes it taste so good though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now