Talk

Advanced search

Whole Milk

(7 Posts)
Hackers79 Fri 10-Jul-09 13:29:54

Hello,

On the advice of a dietician, I swapping an afternoon formula milk feed to a whole milk feed. My only question is, if I'm out and about it was easy to add the powder to the already boiled water, but does whole milk start to go off as soon as I take it out of the fridge?

For example if I go out at noon and her milk feed is at 3pm can I pour milk into bottle and take it with me or do I have to buy a fresh carton when I'm out?

Also can I warm it and then take it out and give it to her an hour later.

Thanks for any help.

PS. i did ask the dietician, but she didn't know!

rubyslippers Fri 10-Jul-09 13:33:03

just get a cool bag to keep it chilled

you can buy little cool packs from places like M & S

can i ask how old your DD is and why you are changing?

Hackers79 Fri 10-Jul-09 13:40:48

mmm, but I don't want to give chilled milk as i'm only just switching. i'd rather it be closer to room temp and only slightly cool.

baby is coming up to one year, so cow's milk is fine for her now and it is only for one feed a day. (she still has 3 bottles a day). It is to try and help her eat more food at tea time.

Thanks

rubyslippers Fri 10-Jul-09 13:42:15

well - milk will start to warm when you remove it from the fridge and in hot weather in can "turn" even more quickly

you can always ask for it warmed whilst you are out but i wouldn't heat it beforehand

Hackers79 Fri 10-Jul-09 13:43:19

yes, that's what i thought. thanks for your help.

Sheeta Fri 10-Jul-09 13:47:29

Hackers - whole milk has the same calories as formula, so not sure it would make much difference (but then I'm not a dietician, so not sure).

If I'm going out and I know DS will have his milk within a couple of hours, I just bung it in the change bag.. any longer than that and I use my little cool bag.

Hackers79 Fri 10-Jul-09 13:51:34

cool thanks. Apparently it is not so filling. Anyhow she was on a special fattening milk from the doctors that was stupidly calorific.

cheers

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now