Talk

Advanced search

Gi Diet and Power Walking

(8 Posts)
purpleicequeen Fri 10-Jul-09 12:36:33

Just started the Gi diet 3 weeks ago and lost a few pounds would love to hear other people's suggestions for breakfasts snacks lunch and dinner. Power walking again would love to hear from anyone who is trying to fit it in round a busy working week or just around the children.

Furball Sat 11-Jul-09 08:29:16

me!

have done various diets over the years, lost 2 stone last year with slimming world and running 4k 3 x a week.

since put nearly 1 stone back on and have also stopped running blush

Have decided that gi'ish is the way to go and have bought (but not received yet!) a decent pedometer and thought i would try and do 10,000 steps a day!

Breakfast I have 2 oz of bran flakes with 4 oz of strawberries and a splash of milk, which is really nice and filling

or 2 oz of porridge made with water then when cooked have a splash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar

purpleicequeen Sun 12-Jul-09 19:17:35

Like you i have put a stone on so i have purchased a decent pedometer and walking 8000 steps every other day uping the steps by a 100 everytime time i go. Lost 5 pounds now over the last 3 weeks so pleased so nearly half way. I have been having porridge for breakfast and a variety soup, salads, wholegrain bread with tuna and using hummos as a spread instead of butter. Dinners cutting out the potatoes using squash or sweet potatoes instead. Still have not quite managed to cut out sugar in coffee but down to 1tsp instead of 2 so a start. Full fat milk has a better Gi value than green or red i read an article so using that. 8000 steps is taking approx 1 hour.. But every Friday night i treat myself to fish and chips and one small choc bar after all i think everyone deserves a treat at the end of the week to focus more. Thanks for your breakfast options intersting option with the bran flakes

Furball Sun 12-Jul-09 21:14:53

fab weight loss there purpleicequeen. well done! envy

I bought an omiron 'walking style II' - I've just checked my order and it says the 16th for delivery. so will have to wait for it til then.

I've been walking about 3 miles but obviously will have to nearly double that for the 10k worth of steps

purpleicequeen Sun 12-Jul-09 23:27:25

I have the omiron fab! tells you distance steps and aerobic steps (speed walking) mine took ages to arrive from amazon. Tells you how many calories burned. 8100 steps for the morning

Furball Mon 13-Jul-09 07:00:02

lost 1 lb - not bad seeing as I've been abit lapse with food and have't really got into my stride, so to speak. It's in the right direction at least.

My order is with Amazon too, and I ordered it last week, so looks like I'll have to wait too.

Furball Wed 15-Jul-09 10:10:40

me pedometers turned up! woohoo

trouble is - I have a really bad cold and feel pants, so don't feel up to anything sad

I'm assuming it's not swine flu......

purpleicequeen Fri 17-Jul-09 10:19:46

you can make up for it when you feel a bit better. I think my partner has been reading my Gi Guide book. Peanut butter which nobody eats which i got for me only is half full. Cereals are taking a battering. Funny how all of a sudden everybody has an interest in eating what i have planned to eat. Going for walk tonight 8300 steps hope its not raining like it was last night going with a friend tonight. Todays plan is cooked breakfast bacon sausage beans at work did not have time for cereals this morning so a breakfast bar. Tonight not sure yet ... how are you doing with the Gi have not had any more suggestions or tips from anyone which is a shame.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now