Talk

Advanced search

Anyone up for a challenge? How to eat all of the recommended food and no more?

(3 Posts)
KingCanuteIAm Wed 08-Jul-09 15:55:15

I was not sure which section to put this in so I have also posted in General Health, I hope this is ok?

I have been thinking about this for a while, we are all told "you need to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg" "you need 3 portions of whole grain" "not too many eggs" "as many eggs as you like"... it is mind blowing and I confess to being lost with it all, in fact, if you applied the thumbscrews I may even confess to having thrown up my hands in despair and given in altogether blush

Recently I have had a bit of a health wake up call, nothing drastic (or at least it doesn't look that way) but it has made me think I ought to start dealing with my diet - currently my diet is healthy in a very loose and lazy way, now I want to get it right!

I have started walking much more and now do several miles a day that I didn't a few months ago and I gave up smoking 3 weeks ago and am doing really well with it, it seems a shame to leave such a good start hanging, I am keen to complete the picture IYSWIM.

SO, the challenge, should you choose to accept it, can you design a day or week meal plan that incorporates all of the things that we should be eating? I can faff around with calories, saturated fats and so on but I just don't know how to get in all the things I am supposed to - in fact I am not even sure what it is I am supposed to be getting in anymore!

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or ideas smile

HolyGuacamole Wed 08-Jul-09 21:05:43

Bump

KingCanuteIAm Wed 08-Jul-09 21:44:01

Thank you HolyGuacamole smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: