Talk

Advanced search

I'm looking for a Fairy mushroom girls Birthday cake

(11 Posts)
johnbarrowmanlovesme Tue 07-Jul-09 12:02:53

I saw a pic of one some time ago & now can't for the life of me remember where I saw it {hmm] It was just a mushroom /toadstool shape but with lots of decorations going on around it, windows, paths etc made of sweets. I'm ok at making cakes but with something like this, it's good to have something to get ideas from.

Or if anyone has any ideas for a girly cake, any shape really, your ideas would be appreciated.

Thanx
x

Fimbo Tue 07-Jul-09 12:05:56

I think Waitrose do something like that, or do you mean you are making it yourself?

Fimbo Tue 07-Jul-09 12:09:01

they have this but I thought they used to do something fancier.

misschatterbox Tue 07-Jul-09 12:09:49

I have an Australian Women's Weekly recipe book for children's cakes and that has a cake like that in it. I got it from Waterstones. I could always scan it when I get home and send it to you if you like.

Tommy Tue 07-Jul-09 12:10:31

I have a picture of something lkike that in one of my cake books - if i get a minute, I'll try and put it up

GooseyLoosey Tue 07-Jul-09 12:12:43

There's one here. Looks good, but totally beyond me!

GooseyLoosey Tue 07-Jul-09 12:13:04

Try again - here

johnbarrowmanlovesme Tue 07-Jul-09 12:13:09

Fimbo,was wanting to make one, dh thinks I'm mad as I always get stressed out while attempting these cakes but I love it really!

Chatterbox & Tommy, your pics would be good to see smile

Tommy Tue 07-Jul-09 12:15:30

my scanner isn't working angry

how about these?

Fimbo Tue 07-Jul-09 12:17:21

Wow

johnbarrowmanlovesme Tue 07-Jul-09 14:46:34

Thanks for all the pics, I'm just having a look through for a relatively easy one to copy!

Will let you know how I get on.
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now