Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got an easy pavolova recipe for someone that hardly ever cooks!

(7 Posts)
2anddone Tue 07-Jul-09 11:15:21

Hi we are going to a BBQ at the weekend and have been asked to bring our own dessert and they will provide the meat etc. I want to make an effort and thought about making a pavlova, is it really hard? Does anyone have an easy recipe I could have please or failing that should I just go buy one? TIA

Pinkjenny Tue 07-Jul-09 11:16:14

Recipe of the week is a pavlova. Mine have always been a little hit and miss though.

hanaflower Tue 07-Jul-09 11:18:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadameCastafiore Tue 07-Jul-09 11:20:56

Nigella does one that is really easy.

As with all baking it is chemistry and you have to follow the recipe exactley.

Don't buy one they are just not chewy and unctious insode.

here

EyeballsintheSky Tue 07-Jul-09 11:29:02

Meringue cases from M&S (gorgeous), nice thick cream, fruit. Assemble in a scone-esque sort of way and munch.

Did you want one that wasn't quite as easy? wink. One of those things I always want to try and never get round to.

2anddone Tue 07-Jul-09 11:30:19

Thanks will have a practise tonight and then probably buy one once that doesn't work!

You definitely need a non-stick baking sheet !! I use a black one that you cut to fit your tray and then wash and reuse - it's superb !

From memory it's 50g of caster suger (golden is lovely) to every egg white (I use 6 egg whites for a substantial offering). Whisk the egg whites until they're stiff and peaky, then whisk in a spoonful of sugar at a time until it's all in and the meringue is shiny and stiff. Then fold in a teaspoon of white vinegar (I use white wine vinegar as that's what's on the shelf) and 3 teaspoons of cornflour - these two ingredients help give a chewy centre.

Spoon onto the baking tray (with baking sheet) and make a bowl shape (very important for maximum filling of cream and fruit!!) and pop into the oven - start at 150degrees then reduce to aprox 75degrees after 30 mins. Leave until the meringue is set and sounds hollow when you tap the bottom - usually 3-4 hours.

Leave to cool. When ready to assemble paint melted white chocolate over the whole bowl area and then fill with soft whipped cream, and all the berries - strawberries, raspberries and blueberries are great - you can find - then lattice the top with more melted white chocolate (wiping the bowl out with the strawberries you saved especially as 'cooks perks').

Delicious with a capital YUM !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now