Talk

Advanced search

16 Months Mealtimes a Nightmare - UPDATE

(2 Posts)
Sequin1 Mon 06-Jul-09 17:16:21

Hi

OK so today I had a brainwave following on from one of the posters pieces of advice.

I boiled up a few bits of penne pasta, cooled it down put it on a plate and in front of DS smear a little bit of PButter onto each one... and he ate it!... well the day has continued with a smear of PB to the following and all was eaten

Babybel
Penne Pasta
Mini Cocktail Sausages
Potato Wedges
Mini Pizzas

and they are all things I have offered but he has NEVER tried, I cant believe it!

So having felt like I have won the lottery, I am now thinking is this the right thing to do I mean will he start to refuse food with no PB on it.... I was plannin to reduce the amount over the next few mealtimes till will get to none and hopefully the fact that he sees them as familiar food that he likes will then mean he will carry on eating it.

Would welcome your thoughts, thanks again x

Babybel

BlueChampagne Tue 07-Jul-09 16:35:01

Hey well done Sequin! Sounds like a good plan to me. Can't really offer any advice apart from keeping the jar of PB handy just in case. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now