Talk

Advanced search

Will I be poisoning my family?

(5 Posts)
stickylittlefingers Sat 04-Jul-09 22:12:41

The quest of what to have for dinner tomorrow. I have some meatballs in the freezer. The BB date is May last year, so I must have had them over a year.

Can we eat them, or will they (a) give us food poisoning and/or (b) taste horrible?

tia

littleboyblue Sat 04-Jul-09 22:15:03

I wouldn't eat them tbh. I'm pretty sure that although most foods are safe to freeze and freezing extends the bb date, but there is a limit on the ammount of time an item can be frozen. It normally says on the pack, keep for 3 months or something.

stickylittlefingers Mon 06-Jul-09 11:06:03

Yes - I was just hoping that they'd be OK. Less of a bargain if you end up throwing them away! Time just whizzes by too fast for me.

arolf Mon 06-Jul-09 11:15:40

doubt they would poison anyone, but they'll probably taste bad - we had some sausages which were 10 months old in the freezer, and risked cooking and eating them, and they did NOT taste good! ended up chucking them and going hungry...

stickylittlefingers Tue 07-Jul-09 12:18:21

oh no, poor arolf! That's the worst case scenario, having gone to the trouble of cooking them too.

It just so annoys me to throw anything away! Never mind, I'll get over it I'm sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now