Talk

Advanced search

what dessert to have with a thai curry?

(12 Posts)
georgeclooneyfan Sat 04-Jul-09 21:46:57

I am having friends over for dinner as a last minute get together tomorrow. I have made chilli, lasagne etc for them already in the past and dh doesnt want to do a bbq, so I thought I would just do thai curry (although if the weather is still hot not sure if that is a good thing to eat!!). I am not sure what dessert to have with it any ideas would be grateful thanks.

jkklpu Sat 04-Jul-09 21:47:59

get some tasty ice-cream - everyone will appreciate it in the heat, with berries if you like

georgeclooneyfan Sat 04-Jul-09 22:01:10

I like that idea jkklpu thanks nice and simple to do in the heat.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 04-Jul-09 22:02:01

sorbet of some kind goes well with thai, perhaps melon.

MrsAsp Sat 04-Jul-09 22:02:27

Message withdrawn

littlelamb Sat 04-Jul-09 22:02:42

Sorbet, definately. Get a pineapple one if you can- yummmmmmmm

georgeclooneyfan Sat 04-Jul-09 22:19:58

thanks for all the ideas I appreciate it.

procrastinatingparent Sat 04-Jul-09 22:29:04

Jamie Oliver has a lovely recipe of sliced pineapple with mint and sugar mixed together and sprinkled on top. It is absolutely delicious. If you don't like pineapple then a fruit salad. I would have ice-cream as well.

procrastinatingparent Sat 04-Jul-09 22:30:29

See here

littlelamb Sat 04-Jul-09 22:48:19

It looks like tagliatelle shock But I am definately going to try that, yummy

procrastinatingparent Sun 05-Jul-09 09:11:53

grin now you mention it, it does! But it is yummy, and very easy.

boogeek Sun 05-Jul-09 09:22:13

In Thailand, they often have tapioca in coconut milk - sounds weird but it is lush and very cooling. With some nice fresh fruit on the side. Like this but I don't think I have ever put salt in, and instead of adding syrup at the end I cook with a bit of sugar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now