Talk

Advanced search

Easy dinner ideas for me and DD (15 months)

(5 Posts)
HighOnDieselAndGasoline Sat 04-Jul-09 21:26:10

Please help, MN foodies! I am on my own with DD, and always eat with her when we get back from CMs, as I can't face cooking twice. I am getting heartily sick of eating cheesy pasta, fish fingers, mashed potatoes, beans etc. every night, and also feel like I should be feeding DD a wider range of foods. (We do always have fruit and veg, and sometimes yoghurt depending on how hungry she is.)

I am actually quite a good cook, and used to love cooking, but since DD and especially since becoming a single parent, I just don't have the energy for lots of chopping etc. I also need things which are easy to cook, as I like to be able to give DD lots of attention when we get home.

Any easy, healthy ideas for us? Thanks in advance!

hazeyjane Sat 04-Jul-09 21:44:52

Some of the things that I try to make for me and dd's when i have the energy/want to feel virtuous are:

risottos (simple ones like pea and ham or fish and spinach)

samosas and rice

pizza and salady bits

potato wedges and chicken

spag bol

tomato soup and cheese on toast

HighOnDieselAndGasoline Sat 04-Jul-09 21:51:44

Thank you, Hazeyjane - must buy some risotto rice! I think DD would like it. Somebody on here was recommending Delia's baked risotto, perhaps that would be one to try.

Potato wedges are a great idea too.

CMOTdibbler Sat 04-Jul-09 21:54:22

Stir fry (buy a packet of stir fry veg to save all the faffing) with thai rice noodles. If you like Quorn, you can add it straight from the freezer

Mixed roast veg (sweet potato, potato, carrot, parsnip) and sausages - bungs in the oven all together

Fish pie - sort of. Boil in the bag coley in parsley sauce plus mash, peas, sweetcorn. Add some prawns if enthusiastic

Spanish omelette

Baked potato - if you bake them the night before, you can just reheat in the oven, and they are pretty good

HighOnDieselAndGasoline Sun 05-Jul-09 11:48:32

Some lovely ideas there CMOT - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now