Advanced search

Read this description of baking tin and tell me what to make in it!

(25 Posts)
MamaG Sat 04-Jul-09 16:44:55

My Mum brought me a silicone baking thing today, 6 holes, like large muffin tray, but the holes are more "plant pot" than muffin shape IYKWIM.

Like little domes, too big to be muffin holes IMO

WDYT its for?

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 04-Jul-09 16:49:31

are they like the size of the muffins you get at starbucks or bigger than that?

littlemisschatalot Sat 04-Jul-09 16:52:15


MamaG Sat 04-Jul-09 16:53:54

I don't know, I've never had a Starbucks muffin blush

What is a bunt?

MamaG Sat 04-Jul-09 16:54:44

They're approx double the depth of my muffin tin

MamaG Sat 04-Jul-09 17:04:52

you made bunts up didn't you angry

maria1665 Sat 04-Jul-09 17:13:31

BunDts - with a D. Its not made up. I think nigella uses a 'mini bundt tin' in one of her domestic goddess recipes, which really confuses the issue.

FaintlyMacabre Sat 04-Jul-09 17:19:29

They're an Aussie thing apparently.

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 17:21:56

oh i know its for madeleines isn ti?

CheeseCheese Sat 04-Jul-09 17:22:27

oh no they are shallow

its a dariole mould

EachPeachPearMum Sat 04-Jul-09 18:03:01

You could make pannacotta in them [poncoid emoticon]

MamaG Sun 05-Jul-09 08:03:20

Definitely not bundt tin as doesn't have hole in middle

Its not a quiz cheeso, I don't actually know what its for, thats why I'm asking grin

Possibly frainds, will research it a bit more now.

MamaG Sun 05-Jul-09 08:04:45

I htink it would be easier to upload a pic of said tray!

MamaG Sun 05-Jul-09 08:17:10

ooh I 've found it

Googled make - what the hell is a "pop over pan" ?

QuintessentialShadow Sun 05-Jul-09 08:20:59

Oh, this is a little like Bits and Bobs!

Is it to make special tops for your cupcakes, rather than make the swirl in a frosting of sorts, you bake another little cake, glue on with jam, and then decorate?

It will be like a double bullet cupcake.

FaintlyMacabre Sun 05-Jul-09 08:22:24

i think they're an American version of Yorkshire puddings.

MamaG Sun 05-Jul-09 08:29:35

oh look here

Looks like it IS a muffin tin, for making HUGE muffins - doesn't it?

" LÉKUÉ pans can be filled higher than traditional pans because they bake evenly, providing for consistent height across the pan."

QuintessentialShadow Sun 05-Jul-09 08:33:20

It is perfect for people who want a really BIG cupcake.

I rather have many small cupcakes. More icing. wink

QuintessentialShadow Sun 05-Jul-09 08:35:16

You know, as an aside.

I had a colleague over from the US, and he loved cookies. I suggested he tried on of those really big chocolate chip cookies from starbucks. He looks at me and goes:

"One cookie. I cant have just one cookie. What is the fun in having one cookie???"

Ok, so not a one-cookie man! grin

MamaG Sun 05-Jul-09 08:39:34

lol at cookie
They are gonna be huuuuuuuuuge muffins aren't they

QuintessentialShadow Sun 05-Jul-09 08:56:55

They are. You have to lay the icing on thick! wink

nannyL Sun 05-Jul-09 13:14:23

you could use them to make jelly (oil lightly first)

shoshe Sun 05-Jul-09 13:54:17

MamaG I made muffins in dh's pop over pan (note DH's, I do NOT do the cooking in the shoshe household, but dh was away and needs must)

It made the most hugemongous muffins grin

I dipped them in melted chocolate and dusted with icing sugar and served with clotted cream, DDIL was the only one to finish hers {grin] (but then the skinny bugger can eat anything and everything angry)

MamaG Sun 05-Jul-09 16:09:33

Shoshe my teeth ache reading that post grin

PfftTheMagicDragon Sun 05-Jul-09 16:14:04

I have one, I just make big humungo muffins in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now