Talk

Advanced search

Really quick recipes for ice cream maker (Philips delizia)

(11 Posts)
fatsatsuma Fri 03-Jul-09 16:22:08

I've got a tub of ready made custard and some double cream. I haven't got time to fiddle around too much, but wonder if I can cut a few corners? Any ideas/tips? Thanks everyone.

MangoJuggler Fri 03-Jul-09 16:27:25

you are in luck - all about home made ice cream in the times today. recipes half way down on the left

AitchTwoOh Fri 03-Jul-09 16:29:25

i just use a big tub of fruit yog, some icing sugar and some lemon. and whatever soft fruit is floating around, obv.

fatsatsuma Fri 03-Jul-09 17:24:56

Thanks Mango and Aitch.

Aitch, do you just guess at quantities? I've not used my machine much, and I tend to like to stick to recipes - but do you reckon I can chuck the right kind of ingredients in and see what happens? I don't have fruit yog but I do have my custard, cream and berries in the fridge.

MangoJuggler Fri 03-Jul-09 18:45:04

bumping for Aitch

AitchTwoOh Fri 03-Jul-09 18:46:38

i just guess, i mean if it tastes nice as a mix it's going to taste nice frozen, innit?

wannaBe Fri 03-Jul-09 18:49:52

I use:

300 ml single cream
one can condensed milk
couple drops vanilla

mix together well and then pour into the icecream maker and allow it to do its thing...

MadameCastafiore Fri 03-Jul-09 18:53:03

This months red magazine have them.

The chocolate ice cream is really easy and very naughty!

The sorbets are bit more health conscious!

Once you get used to it especially with sorbet you can make up your own depending on what fruit you have ripening.

Currently in freezer we have Lemon and Lime Ice Cream (after lots of lemons and limes left over from a Mexican night)

Raspberry after punnets were half price in co op.

Red grapefruit - after over order on Ocado.

Mango - after I accidentally bought a tin of mango puree.

wannaBe Fri 03-Jul-09 18:56:29

the vanilla recipe on the times site is wrong - she only gives the cream and vanilla pod and the sugar/eggs have been left out.

Anyway for recipes you could try

this site

MadameCastafiore Fri 03-Jul-09 19:04:55

15g of cocoa
75 grams of dark chocolate
150ml of cream and 500ml of custard.
50ml water

Melt chocolate with cocoa and water and 50ml cream in saucepan then add rest of cream and tub of custard and stick in ice cream maker.

That is from memory as DS is in bed and I am staying up here to yell at him if he comes out of his room - we have reached our threshhold for patience and understanding today!

fatsatsuma Fri 03-Jul-09 19:35:00

Oooh, great, lots of really helpful ideas - thanks all grin.

Good point Aitch. Bit of a sad reflection on me that I needed that pointing out - but I am an ice cream maker virgin... blush

Must get in some condensed milk, and buy Red magazine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now