Talk

Advanced search

packed lunch for lunch and tea. help!

(5 Posts)
misdee Fri 03-Jul-09 10:17:28

dd1 is on a v v v long school trip next week with the choir. they need lunch and tea in their packed lunch, plus snacks (but no choc allowed).

any ideas? as dont want to just give her sandwiches twice.

POTC Fri 03-Jul-09 10:19:30

Mine have gone with crackers, small pots of ham and chicken slices, cucumber and carrot today. Neither are keen on sandwiches and it's a healthier version of the novelty of dairylea lunchables! Pasta salad works well too.

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 03-Jul-09 11:21:17

couscous salad
potato salad
quiche/spanish omelette
dips and veg sticks
slice of cold pie/pasty?

Hope she is able to keep lunch and tea separate and doesnt eat it all in one go! (I did this as a child...)

bamboo Fri 03-Jul-09 11:22:22

cold pizza?

CMOTdibbler Fri 03-Jul-09 16:16:17

Rice salad (rice, mixed veg, spring onions, french dressing, raisins and peanuts) always travels well, and doesn't go off when waiting till tea time to be eaten

Flapjack (v filling - wasn't there a cheesy version in the recipes on here too ?)

Calzone (folded pizza, can be batch cooked, frozen and then put in lunch box to defrost during the day)

I wouldn't do anything with mayo for tea as it can go a bit funny looking if warm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now