Talk

Advanced search

feeding

(5 Posts)
littlelottie Mon 16-May-05 13:13:57

i need some help! my dd is 9months old and now starting to creat at meal times, i have given her a spoon and finger food of which she only has the bread. sadly i have changed mainly over to jar food but when i do cook anything she doesn't want any of it, i can't help but to get fustrated. any tips and advice please

koalabear Mon 16-May-05 13:24:51

littlelottie - very normal i'm afraid

the good news is that you dd is in good company with many other mners' children who also do the same thing

best advice that i can give - stay patient, don't make a big fuss about it, keep giving a variety of things (there are some good threads on finger foods for this age if you do a search), and she will grow out of it

koalabear Mon 16-May-05 13:26:44

oh, and remember, at this age, its all about experimenting - for most babies milk is still major source of nutrition - for the majority, this will change at around 12 months (but luckily, she will probably have worked it out by then)

littlelottie Mon 16-May-05 15:02:02

thanks koalabear, it is nice to know that this is normal and i will try to be patient

lunarx Mon 16-May-05 16:01:24

hang in there, this seems very normal, and try not to be impatient with her and get worked up over it. definitely try different finger foods. if you cook something for her, maybe make something you can have too (i have a good cod chowder recipe that ds eats if we do, i.e.)- and maybe she will want to eat more if she sees you eating too. when my son went thru the not wanting to eat stage i was so upset, but by the third or fourth day i tried to let it go and just let him have finger foods and i would slip in spoonfuls of food when i could!!

good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now