Talk

Advanced search

Urgent slow cooker help required please!!

(7 Posts)
teenyweenytadpole Tue 30-Jun-09 20:48:47

Hi all - preparing a bolognese to cook tomorrow, have sauteed the onions and garlic and browned the mince (it's not 100% cooked through though, just browned). Can I now add the rest of the ingredients and bung in the fridge overnight, then put on to cook tomorrow? Somehow the thought of partially cooked beef simmering for hours is making me think "food poisoning". Am I missing something??! Thanks

teenyweenytadpole Tue 30-Jun-09 21:03:40

Bumpety bump please!!

RupertTheBear Tue 30-Jun-09 21:08:38

That is exactly what I do. We have been fine!
However, I am no expert on food rules so don't take my word for it! It will be at a high temperature for hours tomorrow so that will surely kill any bugs off.

Trixel Tue 30-Jun-09 21:10:11

yep you can indeed!! perfect. then you can come home to yummy bolognese tomorrow night. better if you brown it tonight, as you've done, cos the smell of browning mince in the morning is fairly hideous! have you tipped off the fat?

teenyweenytadpole Tue 30-Jun-09 21:12:08

Yep, fat tipped off - that sounds great, I have just acquired my slow cooker and this is only my second time using it so I'm all nervous!! Thanks!

Trixel Tue 30-Jun-09 21:35:05

hope it works well! it's really nice to come home and dinner be ready already. has yours got a timer? if not, we use a plug timer so i can just switch it on, timed to come on at a certain time.

teenyweenytadpole Wed 01-Jul-09 22:50:48

Thanks ladies it was delicious!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now