Talk

Advanced search

Marshmallows in mini fairycake cases.......

(13 Posts)
etchasketch Mon 29-Jun-09 16:14:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wifeofdoom Mon 29-Jun-09 16:22:00

I've heard of something called 'top hats' - is that them?

Concepta Mon 29-Jun-09 16:37:47

Top Hats - Melt chocolate into mini fairycake cases, add marshmallow, put a spot of melted chocolate unto top of mallow and put on a chocolate button or smartie. Wait for a while for choc to set. It's that easy!

etchasketch Mon 29-Jun-09 19:46:06

etchasketch Mon 29-Jun-09 19:56:42

PandaG Mon 29-Jun-09 19:58:04

seen similar done with a choc digestive as the bottom layer.

etchasketch Mon 29-Jun-09 20:10:07

TwoIfBySea Mon 29-Jun-09 20:10:57

I made these at the weekend.

Put a large marshmallow in the middle of the case and surround with melted chocolate. That easy. Once the chocolate has set you get the lovely bite of chocolate and melting marshmallow.

Or there are s'mores, which as we don't have Graham crackers have to be made with digestives - IIRC it is marshmallow, chocolate melted between two biscuits. But an American m'netter would be able to give you the correct recipe!

StirlingTheStrong Mon 29-Jun-09 20:24:27

I made these for the Xmas School Fayre and they disappeared very quickly.

Get some wooden sticks - push 2 or 3 big marshmallows onto stick, cover with melted chocolate, then cover with multi-coloured sprinkles. I believe Starbucks sell something like this, although they probably charge £2 each!!

etchasketch Mon 29-Jun-09 20:52:59

PandaG Mon 29-Jun-09 20:56:33

choc digestive - blob of melted choc to stick marshmallow on, blob of choc on top of mallow to stick on smartie/choc button.

can stick sweets round rim of digestive too with choc - seen thiks done with mini eggs as easter bonnets

etchasketch Mon 29-Jun-09 21:18:06

Concepta Thu 02-Jul-09 12:57:54

I have given this website other times on mumsnet - it is called www.traybakes.co.uk. It will give you lots of ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now