Talk

Advanced search

child friendly recipes for this hot weather

(6 Posts)
1dilemma Mon 29-Jun-09 13:56:03

could anyone inspire me please? any suggestions as to what to cook in this heat gratefully received

merryberry Mon 29-Jun-09 14:47:23

fromage frais, cooked peas and mint blended with bread/crackers/whatever dips went down well at lunch time

janeite Mon 29-Jun-09 17:01:22

Houmus, pitta, carrot sticks etc.

Falafel, pitta, salad.

Fajitas or quesadillas with salsa or guacamole.

callaird Mon 29-Jun-09 17:04:22

cold pasta salad - cooked pasta (obviously!!) cooked veg or salad veg and mayo/salad cream.

Cold rice salad - boiled rice, any veg, fry some onion, add some pesto sauce, add rice and cool quickly (pan in bowl of cold water, stir) can add tuna (steak or from a can) ham, crispy bacon, cheese, any thing really!

My charges won't eat anything hot in this weather, so we stick to these sort of things and sandwiches!

EachPeachPearMum Mon 29-Jun-09 19:06:09

Potato wedges, very thin pork escalopes, and freshly podded peas

Grilled Chicken, roasted vegetables, and couscous

Lots of cucumber and cherry tomatoes, black olives, ham (nice ham, of course wink), rice salad

1dilemma Tue 30-Jun-09 01:04:25

Thnaks guys we did scrambled eggs tonight which to my surprise they all ate. LO ate big bowl of cucumber too.

dh tends to want to make/eat big meals every night kids had cooked lunch so I want to feed them something smaller hence needed summery ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now