Talk

Advanced search

Pasta

(10 Posts)
ChaCha Sun 15-May-05 17:25:05

I'd appreciate any simple pasta recipes - I love pasta but it's never that tasty when i make it and have run out of ideas. I particulary like pasta when its finished in the oven with a cheese topping...any ideas?

SaintGeorge Sun 15-May-05 17:30:49

Chop courgettes, onions and mushrooms and fry gently (how much depends on how crunchy you like your veg). Add a bottle of passatta or a couple of tins of plum tomatoes. Add mixed herbs (fresh for preference but a good dash of dried will do it). Pour over partially cooked pasta, top with lashings of grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes.

Chop leeks and mushrooms and soften slightly. Add 1 carton of elmlea cream (or fresh if feeling extravagent) and loads of grated cheese. Add freshly ground black pepper (or white if you don't like flecks) and stir until cheese melts. At the last minute add lots of chopped ham, stir and mix into cooked pasta.

giraffeski Sun 15-May-05 17:32:05

Message withdrawn

Chandra Sun 15-May-05 17:36:30

1 little can of tuna fish in sunflower oil
1 Can of chopped tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1 small onion
I aprox 1 spoon of worcestshire sauce
Salt and pepper
Sea shell pasta shapes.
Olive oil

For the sauce:
Heat the oil and add the onion chopped in tiny cubes and the garlic (cut tiny or use a garlic presser). Let the onion get transparent and then add the tuna fish. Once tuna fish is hot add the chopped tomatoes. Bring it to the boil, then cover, lower the heat and let it simmer until it's a bit thick. Add salt and pepper to your taste.

In other recipient boil the past and once ready just remove the water and add the sauce.

I once cooked the pasta inside of the sauce (while it was simmering). And I ended up with the most wonderful pasta bake made over the hob. Unfortunately I'm not very good at measuring ingredients (just keep adding and taste from time to time) so I have not being able to repeat it. HTH

whymummy Sun 15-May-05 17:45:12

pasta with chorizo
pasta penne or shells
tomato frito from heinz
chorizo sausage
garlic
onion
cheese

fry the garlic,onion,chorizo cut into small bits and the tomato,put over the cooked pasta,grate lots of cheddar cheese or parmesan on top and put it in the oven,delicious

charleepeters Sun 15-May-05 17:57:03

saute mushrooms, onions, garlic then fry some chicken add some tinned tomatoes and some mascarpone, mix together pour over pasta sprinkle with motzarella and cook in oven untill cheese bubbles and colours tastes magic!

Juliehafrancis Sun 15-May-05 18:27:45

Hope this helps:

Rigatoni Sausage Bake

Layered Pasta Bake

Baked Pasta Shells with Cheese

Little Italy Pasta Bake

Salmon Pasts Bake

Baked Penne with Chorizo

Crusty Meatball Pasta

Hausfrau Sun 15-May-05 19:42:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kalex Sun 15-May-05 20:26:58

easiest recipe in the world,

1 hob boil the pasta, second hob fry half an onion, add 1 tin tuna, 1 tin any kind of pesto/pasta sauce

Drain pasta, back into pot, add sauce from other pot, mix well.

add grated cheese,

delicious,

standard Monday night fare in our house coz I work until 5.30 and get home at 6.00 and bedtime is 7.00, so shows how quick and easy it is

ChaCha Sun 15-May-05 21:35:46

I'm hungry!!! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now