Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have just seen Annabel Karmel AND Gill Rapley...

(19 Posts)
MrsBadger Sun 28-Jun-09 14:22:17

... at the same event, here

they were speaking at opposite ends of the festival at the same time

I resisted the urge to assess and compare the demographic of each audience wink

(I did notice Gill's BLW tent was in the same line of booths as the NCT, the Baby Cafe and the hippycampfire-- Forest Schools stand, while AK was up there with the Waitrose- and Rangemaster-sponsored stalls...)

greensnail Sun 28-Jun-09 16:35:24

yeah, i was there too. But didn't see AK, was in the BLW talk. Thought it was interesting they were on at the same time though...

used2bthin Sun 28-Jun-09 16:49:30

I was there too, they had both talks at the same time! Not really sensible I thought.

used2bthin Sun 28-Jun-09 16:50:16

Sorry greensnail just realsied you said it first!

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 16:51:35

usedtobe thing.. i have a few girls clothes for you. started a couple of thraeads, but did not seem to catch you! not quite what you were looking for, but you ccan have them.. some trousers, shorts , dress..

used2bthin Sun 28-Jun-09 16:56:20

Oh hi Lulumama sorry no I didn't see the threads. Thank you how kind! Shall I cat you?

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 16:58:09

please do ! i will list what i have , and you can tell me if you want it x

used2bthin Sun 28-Jun-09 16:58:59

Thanks so much wll CAT you now x

used2bthin Sun 28-Jun-09 17:15:48

Have CAT (ed?!) you! Just off out will be back on later though.

twofalls Sun 28-Jun-09 17:35:53

My DD is 3.2 and we did BLW - I was really impressed to see it on the programme. Nobody had heard of it then - do you think its all down to Aitch grin

I walked past the Annabel Carmel tent as she was telling the audience they have to get oily fish in their children's diet and her carrots and salmon recipe would convince even the fussiest of eaters. I felt like putting DD in front her to test out her theory hmm

MrsBadger Sun 28-Jun-09 17:39:06

am impressed by how many MNers were there

actually I'm not, it was prime MN territory

greensnail Sun 28-Jun-09 19:24:54

Its a shame they were on at the same time - would have liked to see Annabel Karmel for a laugh to see what she was going on about. 6 month old DD could have sat up front eating her salmon fishcakes. She can't get enough of fish actually

MrsBadger Sun 28-Jun-09 19:28:04

you could hear her dulcet tones over most of the field tbh

Dh said 'She's the neurotic one, isn;t she? She sounds more uptight than your mother'

MadameDefarge Sun 28-Jun-09 19:39:54

Did she have that freakish eighties big hair too?

MrsBadger Sun 28-Jun-09 20:05:39

nope, ponytail and immobile fringe, as far as I could see

chevre Sun 28-Jun-09 20:06:51

i was hoping this would be about extreme cage fighting.

MrsBadger Sun 28-Jun-09 20:08:14

when I saw they were both on the bill teh thought did cross my mind

or at least a US-presidential-debate style showdown

chevre Sun 28-Jun-09 20:12:00

karmel snarling in one corner with a hand held food processor adn rapley cool weilding a whole cucumber

greensnail Sun 28-Jun-09 20:45:05

Do you think they put them on at the same time to stop people from the wrong camp heckling? A debate would have been great - we should suggest it for next year grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now