Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a tried and tested TRIPLE choc chip cookie recipe please?

(11 Posts)
IkeaHighchair Sun 28-Jun-09 10:20:35

I can find choc chip recipes on the recipes section but not triple choc chip....I can find a few on the web but I need tried and tested...

<oh and they have to be the gooey millies cookie style ones - OBVIOUSLY>

IkeaSnake Sun 28-Jun-09 10:21:43

just add cocoa to the mix of a double?

IkeaHighchair Sun 28-Jun-09 10:24:45

I did ponder that...but how much to get that incredible deep dark batter?

Some recipes online add melded choc - like with the Brownies...but I wonder if it would end up too wet?

StirlingTheStrong Sun 28-Jun-09 13:06:58

Didn't Nigella make some lovely looking one in her last programme??

Shall make a search!

cyanarasamba Sun 28-Jun-09 14:23:34

Watching this thread! I made cookies yesterday and they were meh. I added substituted 1/2oz flour for cocoa but they were quite a pale brown.

<whispers> I'm considering gravy browning....

StirlingTheStrong Sun 28-Jun-09 15:05:26

HERE is the Nigella one.

I haven't made these myself yet but they look good smile

IkeaHighchair Sun 28-Jun-09 15:36:16

TY.

The pics of the nigella ones look perfect.

I will try them next week - I have made orange biscuits now (which are a stunning tried and tested...will try something new next week).

JetLi Sun 28-Jun-09 18:05:34

Did these Nigella ones - v.nice but watch your oven - my first tray-full ended up very crisp, slightly scorched underneath and very bisuit-y and not at all Millies-like. Second and subsequent trays were great. I didn't think my oven was particularly fierce, so I put it down to the fact these are so full of chocolate, it's a bit hard to judge doneness by eye if you see what I mean. grin
Happy baking!

IkeaHighchair Sun 28-Jun-09 18:46:36

So what you are saying is that I need to triple the recipe so I can have a bit of practising time in case I don't quite get it right grin?

JetLi Sun 28-Jun-09 21:16:09

Oh yes definitely grin!! 3 batches minimum to perfect them.

(but truthfully my oven trays are a bit small so I could only do 5 cookies at a time)

I am much enamoured by the idea of pimping these cookies further by topping with melted choc!

heymammy Sun 28-Jun-09 21:29:10

Ooh, I've made the Nigella ones and they are bloody lovely. They do come out massive though, I could only just fit 6 on each baking sheet.

Agree with Jet that its pretty hard to judge when they are done so we had a few crispy edges on ours! I had to put one batch in the fridge before baking and they turned out much better and more evenly cooked.

Mmmmm, glad I have choc chips in the cupboard, might give them another go tomorrow grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now