Talk

Advanced search

Quick - fruit idea for kids outdoor birthday party please!

(5 Posts)
IlanaK Fri 26-Jun-09 20:19:08

We are havign a birthday party in the park this weekend for my older two boys (5 and 8). I have the food mostly sorted, but i wanted to have some fruit as well. I was going to get a big watermellon from the market and just cut wedges. Now having second thoughts due to all the pips. Also, may not be able to get hold of one in time.

So, ideas for lovely fruit, but not too expensive (like big bowls of blueberries!) that can be eaten with fingers outdoors without cutlery and can be bought tomorow!

RupertTheBear Fri 26-Jun-09 20:23:22

I saw a woman on UKTV Food doing mini fruit kebabs last week and thought I would have to remember that for a party! She had cocktail sticks and onto each one threaded a cube of pineapple, a chunk of melon, a grape, and on the end a strawberry that she had dipped in chocolate. They looked fab!

IlanaK Fri 26-Jun-09 20:30:18

Sounds nice, but also sounds very time consuming. I will only have a short time to make them and then take them to the park.

sb6699 Fri 26-Jun-09 20:50:19

Why not just give them a bowl of chopped strawberries = very "summery" and I havent met a child yet that doesnt like them!

IlanaK Fri 26-Jun-09 20:52:06

I will look at the price of strawberries. I always think of them as quite pricey but they may be on special offer.

Maybe grapes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now