Talk

Advanced search

Easy/quick chicken recipe that doesn't need hard to get ingredients

(6 Posts)
Mammina Fri 26-Jun-09 14:20:52

I was going to cook chicken stuffed with pesto & mozarella and wrap it in parma ham, but have been told that they don't want ham because of the salt content - any other ideas of what I can do, or is there a way I can still stuff the chicken & have it held together by something else?? (I don't have any string before anyone suggests that)

thanks

Iklboo Fri 26-Jun-09 14:22:22

Cocktail sticks? It's what we use when we do stuffed chicken things - just shove a couple through each side - or wrap in foil for 1st 15 minutes?

Mammina Fri 26-Jun-09 14:24:46

great iklboo, will dig out some cocktail sticks, thanks very much (whilst you're there, any ideas what I can serve it with? they had potatoes last night...)

idranktheteaatwork Fri 26-Jun-09 14:25:48

Butterfly the breast, (am assuming you are using breasts), place in a freezer bag and bash a bit with a rolling pin to flatten it by about half.

Marinate in lemon juice and garlic.

Pan fry (or grill if they are v health conscious), just adding a little salt and pepper to taste.If you have tarragon you can add a little as well.

You can make a quick sauce by throwing a glass of white wine in the pan when the chicken is done and reducing quickly.

I normally serve with stuffed mushrooms/peppers.

Rub the veg with olive oil.
Take two slices of stale granary bread, throw in food processor with good teaspoon of rosemary, black pepper.
Blitz to crumbs.
Mix in a little grated parmesan.
Stuff the veg and bake in hot oven for 20 mins.

Iklboo Fri 26-Jun-09 14:27:18

Stir fry veg - mushrooms, peppers, chunks of onion etc
Savoury rice
Couscous

Mammina Fri 26-Jun-09 14:28:02

er, what does butterfly the breast mean? blush - I am veggie though so have a bit of an excuse..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now