Talk

Advanced search

I'm defrosting my freezer. Anyone want to help me guess what the mystery tupperware contains?

(15 Posts)
Fruitbeard Thu 25-Jun-09 12:28:08

It's a square, deep plastic box about 6 x 6 inches and 3 inches deep, no label. Now the frost's melting a little, I can see that it's sort of translucent yellowy egg-white in colour and it fills the whole box to the brim.

I cannot for the life of me remember what I put in it!

As I have also retrieved a plastic tub of pureed spag bol from next to it at the back of the top shelf, I can only imagine it dates back to when I was weaning DD... which was a good 2.5 years ago <blush slattern>

I know it's not egg-white, because there is no way on God's earth I'd use that many egg yolks on their own!

Any guesses?

(If I let it defrost to tell what it is, I'll have to use it/chuck it and the hoarder in me baulks at such a notion...)

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Thu 25-Jun-09 12:29:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Reallytired Thu 25-Jun-09 12:31:08

breastmilk?

Reallytired is amazed that anyone manages to express THAT quantity of bm.

snigger Thu 25-Jun-09 12:31:14

Hmm.

At this stage it could be damn near anything.

If in doubt, call it soup and give it to DH.

Hassled Thu 25-Jun-09 12:32:14

Chicken stock vote here as well. It always turns early-morning urine coloured when it freezes - tis very odd.

I love playing "guess what's in this freezer box?" . It's a regular pastime here.

MrsMcCluskey Thu 25-Jun-09 12:33:54

Sperm?
Were you,planning some DIY IVF?

LovingtheSilverFox Thu 25-Jun-09 12:34:17

Definately could be chicken stock, or erm.....

<<Goes to check own freezer for ideas>>

snigger Thu 25-Jun-09 12:34:30

DH is our prime offender - he lobs things into bags and you find them 6 weeks later.

We actually had a miniature sweepstake once - I won, the grey bagged matter was pancake mix. I knew I wouldn't have frozen anything that colour. grin

snigger Thu 25-Jun-09 12:35:33

Could DH have had a sorbet-making phase you knew nothing about?

Fruitbeard Thu 25-Jun-09 12:36:35

Definitely not bm, Reality I think the most I ever expressed in one go (by way of an experiment to see exactly how much DD was taking down if she drained both breasts, that's how much of a freak nerdish PFB mother I used to be!) was 23oz, so deffo not enough for that (and it would have been in those dinky little Avent pots if I did - I did find some the last time I cleaned the freezer out!)

So chicken stock.. yes, I remember boiling down organic chicken carcasses to make salt-free stock... am amazed I've got that much in one go, though...

Looking forward to your other guesses with interest!

Fruitbeard Thu 25-Jun-09 12:39:53

You have made me spit tea, Mrs McCluskey...

If DH could produce that amount in one go I'd be going into business as a sperm-farm (do such things exist?!)

And no, it is safe to say DH would never have had a secret sorbet-making phase...he's just walked in for lunch and said 'sorbet is the devil's substitute for ice cream', pulling a face of disgust.

LovingtheSilverFox Thu 25-Jun-09 12:44:11

Could it be urine? Was a sample required and you were efficient and did it the night before at some point?

Cies Thu 25-Jun-09 12:46:49

I would say stock too. But could it be fish stock?

snigger Thu 25-Jun-09 12:52:41

ROFL at MrFruitbeard's sorbet outburst - he's very erudite, isn't he?

Fruitbeard Thu 25-Jun-09 12:54:54

He likes to think he is, snigger wink

I'm actually praying now that it is stock, what with all these other bodily fluid suggestions...shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now