Talk

Advanced search

Pizza base recipe plus topping ideas for both adults and children please.

(5 Posts)
AnyoneForPimms Thu 25-Jun-09 12:25:24

Hi,

Want to do a Pizza evening for both adults and children and was wondering whether anyone could help with a basic base recipe and topping ideas please ?

Thanks smile

notamumyetbutoneday Thu 25-Jun-09 13:21:07

cant help re base Im afraid but toppings are my forte (pizza...ommmm!)

cheese- grated
mozzarella- sliced
ham/prosciutto
cooked bacon/lardons
olives (bleugrh, I can't stand them)
roasted peppers, sliced
msuchrooms
pineapple
sliced chorizo
sweetcorn

mistlethrush Thu 25-Jun-09 13:46:02

Pizza base - 1/2 bag white bread flour (standard sized bag - its about 3lbs so would be 1.5 lbs)
1 sachet easy yeast (buy in baking section)
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil

Mix dry ingredients a bit, add oil, then add sufficient warm water to make a dough (add gradually) - knead. Leave for 20 mins ideally, although we don't always do this. Knock back (re knead a bit) should push/stretch out to cover 2 baking sheets about 12"x 8".

For the pizza topping (tomato bit) I finely chop a couple of large onions, add some chopped garlic, then cook over a low heat until tender, then add 2 tins chopped tomatoes and perhaps some herbs. Might sometimes add a bit of tomato puree too. Simmer until less wet. On top of that, put on anything you want!

Cook in hot oven for about 30mins...

AnyoneForPimms Thu 25-Jun-09 15:45:02

Oh thanks for the base recipeand tomato bit mistlethrush and the toppings notamumyetbutoneday.

Can't wait to try them out grin

BlueChampagne Thu 25-Jun-09 16:21:29

Bought bases and home-made toppings are an acceptable cheat in our house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now