Talk

Advanced search

What can I eat that is not soup but I don't need to chew?

(23 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Wed 24-Jun-09 20:16:08

My teeth are in agony (whole other thread). I can't chew anything. Have been having various soups but still feel hungry. I had a whole tin of soup 3 hours ago (followed by a chocolate moose!) but feel like I haven't eaten in days! Am juust so hungry - I guess because I would usually have bread, or something filling with it, but can't even manage that.

I made omlette last night but couldn't even eat that sad it just hurt too much.

I can't think of anything else I would be able to eat? I need it at body temperature too as they are extremly sensitive to cold and hot.

Habbibu Wed 24-Jun-09 20:18:01

overcooked risotto with extra stock?

southeastastra Wed 24-Jun-09 20:18:28

mash potatoe, jelly, porridge, melted ice cream, spaghetti maybe? poor you

GreatGooglyMoogly Wed 24-Jun-09 20:19:00

Custard?
Jelly?

Meglet Wed 24-Jun-09 20:19:22

Milkshakes, very soft mashed potato.

You poor thing, painful teeth are shite sad.

dittany Wed 24-Jun-09 20:19:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrinityRhino Wed 24-Jun-09 20:19:38

custard
mashed potato
gravy saoked bread

sorry i dont know
are you getting help with your teeth?

LovelyTinOfSpam Wed 24-Jun-09 20:19:38

All I can think of is scrambled egg, sloppy mashed potato, white fish in flakes...

Ice cream?

Poor you sad

coffeecups Wed 24-Jun-09 20:19:56

ice cream, but if you have sensitive teeth, leave it to soften for 15 mins or so

claricebeansmum Wed 24-Jun-09 20:20:02

Yogurt

Smoothies

Geocentric Wed 24-Jun-09 20:21:37

When I had my wisdom teeth out I survived mainly on those pots of baby fruit purees!!!

TheProvincialLady Wed 24-Jun-09 20:22:50

Dal?

JennyPenny22 Wed 24-Jun-09 20:25:16

Hmm. Mash potatoe is a good one. Smoothies good too.

Might get DH to pick me up a milkshake on his way home too.

If I make some rice pudding - do you know if I can keep it in the fridge and re-heat? Or is that a bit dodgy.

Yes I am getting help with the teeth. Had root canal yesterday but having to go back tomorrow as I am pretty sure they have buggered it up or it is infected or something. I have another thread on that issue - I still have a big hole in my tooth that was supposably filled in.

uberalice Wed 24-Jun-09 20:26:45

Cauliflower cheese, all blended up.
Complan.
This is what I lived on when I had my wisdom teeth out.

StirlingTheStrong Wed 24-Jun-09 20:28:09

Yes to the rice pudding kept in fridge - it may go a bit solid but once it is reheated in the m/wave or oven it will def soften up (could always add a bit more milk or cream if needed smile

Jojay Wed 24-Jun-09 20:29:30

Ready Brek?

differentID Wed 24-Jun-09 20:31:44

why not tear up bread and soak it in the soup? makes it really soft and will slip down- I do this if I have throat infection.

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 24-Jun-09 20:43:43

Semolina pudding. My mum always used to give us this with a dollop of jam when we were ill.

applepudding Wed 24-Jun-09 22:08:52

If you mash potato up with some milk and butter you can then mash other things into it which makes it easier to eat - e.g. cheese sauce, fish, well cooked broccoli without the stalks; or some very small well cooked pasta shapes in tomato sauce (or tinned spaghetti hoops).

Yogurts and fromage frais

Ready brek and weetabix with milk. The mini weetabix with choc bics in go soggy when left in milk for a while and are a desperate replacement for choc chip cookies!

I had to live on this diet for a fortnight last year when I had a serious infection in my jaw which stopped me being able to chew (my mouth seized up!). I think your body gets used to not having proper food after a couple of days and you don't feel so hungry.

applepudding Wed 24-Jun-09 22:10:42

Mashed banana is another one - with yogurt or custard.

maria1665 Wed 24-Jun-09 22:13:57

Corn beef hash - delicious!

Chop an onion and fry with olive oil.

Add chunks of 2 large potatoes and carrot -- and anything else you've got - parsnips, sweet potatoes.

Add tin of corned beef and break down with fork.

Add stock cube (anything except fish) and cover with water. Cook for 20 mins approx until veg cooked.

Best served with brown sauce.

pointydog Wed 24-Jun-09 22:14:46

scrambled egg better than omelette

Xavielli Thu 25-Jun-09 08:55:22

www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1648,154191-250192,00.html

Sounds vile but tastes divine! Unbelievably filling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now