Talk

Advanced search

strawberry ideas for a strawberry tea-party fundraiser please!

(17 Posts)
meltedmarsbars Wed 24-Jun-09 12:51:57

I have lots of strawberries ripening, I also have some redcurrants and a few raspberries. I thought of doing Pimms with strawbs in, scones with strawb jam, sponge with cream and strawbs in. What else?

Its a fundraiser for the local special needs preschool my dd2 went to, all the people I invited will be bringing their purses, to have a nice time and raise some funds.

Greensleeves Wed 24-Jun-09 12:53:15

strawberry shortcake

strawberry meringues/pavlova

strawberry glazed flan

strawberry smoothies

Greensleeves Wed 24-Jun-09 12:53:30

chocolate fountain with strawbs for dipping

meltedmarsbars Wed 24-Jun-09 13:29:04

Oh yes can do the pavlova thing - have meringue.

Glazed flan? what do you do? The bought ones always look fab and taste awful imho.

Have a friend with a choc fountain....might ask if I can borrow it.

EachPeachPearMum Wed 24-Jun-09 13:38:59

Strawberry ice lollies? (tis v hot today!)

midnightexpress Wed 24-Jun-09 13:45:55

My mum did a good fruit flan recently - she used grilled apricots but strawbs would also be good. V simple (because mostly bought):

1 Go directly to M&S
2 Buy 1 pastry flan case (they do a buttery pastry one - v crisp and yummy)
3 Buy 1 tub of their creme patissiere
4. Slap that together and then arrange your halved strawberries artfully on the top.
5. Et voila!

meltedmarsbars Wed 24-Jun-09 13:53:02

Midnight - sorry, but I could not allow a bought flan on the premises! - my reputation in RL would be in tatters!

Greensleeves Wed 24-Jun-09 13:54:22

choc fountain would be a moneyspinner if you have lots of strawbs, you cuold charge £1 for a muffin case with 5 in it and a skewer

midnightexpress Wed 24-Jun-09 13:56:36

Lie wink!

Greensleeves Wed 24-Jun-09 14:01:57

strawberry ice lollies always a hit with my children

make rocks red 5 cordial, a bit stronger than you would make it for drinking, add a splash of lime juice and pop a whole strawberry in (I impale it on the plastic stick thingy)

delicious

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Wed 24-Jun-09 15:48:19

Crepes with strawberries and whipped cream. You can add bananas and a bit of nutella.

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 24-Jun-09 15:56:02

those strawberry shortcake stacks always look amazing but not sure how practical they would be to make en masse?

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 24-Jun-09 15:57:18

Plenty of ideas here!

meltedmarsbars Thu 25-Jun-09 22:09:20

That website is great, notamum - I have printed off the cheesecake. Will also do a pavlova - have meringue already. Also planning scones and strawb jam (jam already made).

Think I might just do an honesty bucket rather than charge seperately for each item - except the raffle - champers and a childs mega-blaster water gun. Is that a bad idea?

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 26-Jun-09 11:35:14

Honesty bucket is a lovely and trusting idea but I think you would get far more by charging for each item individually. even if each item is only 50p or a £1, for example if someone was buying 8 items (say family of 4 buy drink and snack each) that would be £8, but if you had an honesty bucket they might just put a fiver, and not that thats not generous, but YSWIM hopefully!

meltedmarsbars Sun 28-Jun-09 22:16:54

Well, thank you for all your ideas! We ate lots of strawberries and cream and cakes and scones and dranks pimms and beer and raised £200!!!

The money is for a local organisation that runs pre-schools and saturday clubs for special needs children.

notamumyetbutoneday Mon 29-Jun-09 10:32:57

Glad it went well, im sure the £200 will be well-received

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now