Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a great oven-baked risotto recipe?

(6 Posts)
viennesewhirl Tue 23-Jun-09 09:21:12

Never tried one before as I thought it was too un-authentic and you just have to accept the fact that risotto=stirring. But I made one from Good Food last night and of course, the baking was a boon, as I still had my hands free to deal with 4yo and 3mo.

The one I made was good, but I wondered if anyone had a GREAT one?

Thanks in advance!

mistlethrush Tue 23-Jun-09 09:39:59

We've got stoneware which helps the cooking - but basically chop any veg we want in there, put in 1 mug risotto rice, 2 mugs of water and some stock powder and bung it in the oven. If you want to improve the creamyness, add a bit of cream before you serve - and perhaps stir some cheese in at that point.

StirlingTheStrong Tue 23-Jun-09 10:02:00

Delia has an Oven Baked Risotto Recipe - In fact there was another - I will look again smile

StirlingTheStrong Tue 23-Jun-09 10:03:08

Here is a Mushroom one.

thighsmadeofcheddar Tue 23-Jun-09 15:43:31

bill granger

this one is quite nice, i find frying the courgette for a bit first and adding more parmesan make it a bit tastier.

wisterialane Tue 23-Jun-09 16:11:27

This Baked Spanish Risotto is scrummy.. and very very easy to make - though reduce the amount of stock a little, and add more at the end if still needed, otherwise it can be too sloppy ime. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now