Talk

Advanced search

Help! Has my chicken gone off!!!

(5 Posts)
makingdotoo Mon 22-Jun-09 15:56:52

I got a small chicken from tescos friday. I kept it in the fridge as was going to cook it for sunday dinner but ended up going out with father instead.

So i was going to do it tonight. Its been in the fridge the whole time, and is use by date is the 25th of june. But it smells a bit odd!

Problem being, i am newly pregnant and my nose is HYPER sensitive. I cant decide if its gone a bit off or if my nose is a bit off!

Any ideas?!

makingdotoo Mon 22-Jun-09 16:04:02

This is very important you know, i was just about to start cooking grin

I suspect it may be off after going back for a few more sniffs, but just at that starting to go off stage...perhaps i should offer it to my cat and see, she is a fussy feline!

Its off the menu anyhow, i will have to substitute chicken breasts for the meat. angry

bellavita Mon 22-Jun-09 16:21:25

I think you have done the right thing taking it off the menu. Just because the use by is the 25th June, doesn't mean to say it cannot be off.

Wise move imo.

makingdotoo Mon 22-Jun-09 16:27:42

husband is one of those strange people whom will eat ANYTHING past its use by date...mind you he is a VERY healthy bloke, so maybe there is something to be said for it...not whilst pregnant though!

I am still not convinced its definately off, but i have my doubts so thats that

bellavita Mon 22-Jun-09 16:35:22

If my DH catches me sniffing any food - he immediately says throw it away, cannot be too careful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now