Talk

Advanced search

should I worry about ds eating?

(5 Posts)
emily05 Thu 12-May-05 19:21:49

Ds is 2 and a half and I am worried that he will not eat proper dinners.
His ideal meal would be a buffet. He loves bits and pieces. He eats all fruit, cheese, crakers, chips, potatoes, bread, rice cakes, small fruits all that sort of thing, but will not eat a proper dinner. He wont eat things like spag bol, roast dinners, meat and veg. Should I be worried?

At the moment I produce the food and if he does not eat it that is it. I know that if he doesnt eat it, then it is because he doesnt want to. I know that he can manage the lumps. I dont give him an alternative.
Is this common? Thanks

Mud Thu 12-May-05 19:33:04

No you shouldn't worry - but you will continue to whatever people say

Yes it is very common

and IMHO you are doing the right thing

moondog Thu 12-May-05 19:43:44

Good for you for setting the rules. Pretty common I think,but he will come round and then you will be so proud of yourself.

Satine Thu 12-May-05 19:47:38

My ds is exactly the same. Used to eat everything (whole stalks of broccoli, sweetcorn and peas by the handful) but now will only eat 'buffet' style food. I've compromised by giving him a buffet style lunch (with as much healthy stuff as I can think of that he will eat) and a 'proper' dinner (whatever the rest of us are having). He hardly has any other snacks, other than fruit but he still hardly eats any dinner. But I've decided not to stress about it. He'll come round - hopefully!

snafu Thu 12-May-05 19:51:04

Really really really really common for toddlers and no, you shouldn't worry about it. You're doing absolutely the right thing (imo) and he will come round in the end. It is sooooo frustrating but it is just a phase - at least that's what I keep telling myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now