Talk

Advanced search

stressfull feeding time - suggestions to make it more relaxed

(5 Posts)
feelingsad Thu 12-May-05 13:14:52

My six month old has recently been weaned onto solids, it's been roughly a month and she was doing well up to about a week ago, now she fusses and cries as soon as I put the bib on her, she is clearly hungry but gets very upset when it's time to eat and fusses most of the time while feeding.

Any suggestions.....

Carameli Thu 12-May-05 13:18:15

I know it might get messy but is it worth leaving the bib for a little while, if its stressing her out so much. I know my dd( no 19mnths) went through a phase of absolutely hating them around her neck. So I gave in for a bit and just cleaned her up afterwards. Made meal time less stressful for both her and me.

Carameli Thu 12-May-05 13:19:18

forgot to say after a couple of weeks we went out and got some really girls bibs that caught her attention in a shop and she loved them.

feelingsad Thu 12-May-05 13:20:53

could do but a lot of what I am feeding her has carrots in it and they stain so badly, she continues to fuss even once she has gotten over the bib going on, when I sit her in the chair she really gets upset......

jackeroo Thu 12-May-05 17:12:49

can you give her a distraction like a spoon, toy, finger food, or even leave the TV on while feeding. DS used to get distressed at solids meal times around this age and that seemed to work. it also didn't last too long and he began to enjoy himself after a few weeks of fussing/distress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now