Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what do you give your 10 month old for lunch??

(10 Posts)
yarrow5 Wed 17-Jun-09 08:52:21

Hi, ds is 10 months. i try to give him a varied diet but am a bit short on ideas! lunch usually consists of sandwiches or toast and tea is a cooked meal (usually what we have or something out the freezer).

I work so don't have hours to spend in the kitchen and it needs to be something that can be pre prepared to send to the childminder.

He's not a picky eater (yet!) so any ideas of something easy to make him for lunch would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

foolsgold Wed 17-Jun-09 09:20:34

What about cooked, cooled omelette? Could vary flavours, eg spinach, cheese, mushroom, potato, etc. Fried tofu? Humous and boiled carrot sticks / breadsticks? Egg-fried rice (good for using up leftover veg)? Although tbh I was giving DD Hipp Organic jars very often at that stage blush

Sunshinemummy Wed 17-Jun-09 09:37:43

What about cooking some pasta in advance with a sauce? I sometimes make my own sauce, or sometimes use Plum Superfoods purees as a sauce.

Also what about couscous? You can make this up in advance and make it into a salad.

yarrow5 Wed 17-Jun-09 09:54:25

i tried him with cous cous!! very funny! he just sprayed it everywhere and picked it out his mouth with a look that said "mummy what the hell was that? Yuk!!!"

I'll try the pasta though. do you use normal pasta or baby pasta?

Sunshinemummy Wed 17-Jun-09 10:07:24

I use Cow & Gate baby pasta as my DD is intolerant to eggs and lactose. You could use normal though. I used to use ordinary pasta twirls with DS.

Have you tried the Israeli couscous? It's much bigger so might be more palatable?

alittlebitshy Wed 17-Jun-09 14:44:20

I use normal pasta - fusili (that looks wrong, have i missed an s out?) or penne or the spiral ones.

If we've had pasta the night before i make sure there is a portion left for ds's lunch (hard as he and dd (who is 6) both hoover up pasta big time).

I tend to do mainly sarnies for ds's lunch other than left over pasta. At the mo he has either cream cheese, houmous or mushroom pate but grated cheese goes down well too. he then has fruit - maybe a satsuma, a kiwi, plum. A banana makes him got hyper (the sight of it) so that is a sure thing too.

He will not eat form a spoon these days, hence the v finger food based lunches.

pigleychez Wed 17-Jun-09 15:55:09

My DD is also 10mths..

Likewise Lunch is usually sandwiches ect then a proper cooked meal for dinner.

DD has sandwiches and other things bread related such as
Toasted Muffin (bread type)with marmite or dairylea.

Fruit loaf- toasted or untoasted

Mini Wholemeal Pitta bread with filling.

Sometimes has the odd bit of pasta or a small jacket spud but I see you need pre prepaired things.

She also has fruit,raisins, rice cakes etc.

HTH

sweetkitty Wed 17-Jun-09 16:03:00

DD3 is 11 months today she had a dairylea sandwich, 2 rice cakes, strawberries, grapes and half a banana followed by a yoghurt.

cheese on toast
eggy bread
omelette goes down well here too

yarrow5 Wed 17-Jun-09 19:39:09

thanks for the suggestions. i've got some muffins & will try thi pitta bread. I guess i just think i should give him different things but at the end of the day, I have sandwiches for lunch every day!!

alittlebitshy Wed 17-Jun-09 21:15:36

yes i always think that. I tend to have sandwiches most days, so actually I'm not doing a bad thing mainly giving ds the same. Mother's guilt. Always there grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now