Talk

Advanced search

I need a perfect chocolatey cake type recipe

(4 Posts)
Hopefully Tue 16-Jun-09 13:26:00

My mother has just informed me I'm cooking 2 cakes for her birthday party this weekend...

I don't want to do plain sponges, as they get so dry if they're made more than 30 seconds in advance, and fruit cake is to much of a PITA, so I thought I'd do a chocolate fudge cake, or something like it.

Cake needs to be able to survive being transported for 3 hours in a (cool, air con) car, so can't be too dainty. I'm thinking it might be best to make the cake, make the icing/fudge thing and construct it there, but I still need a recipe! I'd like the cake to be really moist and not too rich if poss - had a yummy chocolate cake recently that was really moist and scrummy.

naomi83 Tue 16-Jun-09 18:16:55

nigella's storecupboard jam cake i've made it with marmalade, plum and black cherry jam, really yummy and lovely with ice-cream/ cream.

what about lemon drizzle cake, it's my fave mumsnet recipe and very easy!

timmette Wed 17-Jun-09 08:33:20

chocolate cloud cake

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 17-Jun-09 16:18:41

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/515034
(sorry rubbish at links)

This looks amazing and whilst I havent made it (damn diet!) Mary Berry's cakes are foolproof for even a baking novice like me. I have her "simple cakes" book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now