Talk

Advanced search

What should I do with a marrow?

(12 Posts)
muddleduck Mon 15-Jun-09 15:26:14

DS1 made me buy it grin

I need a no effort suggestion that won't end up tasting bland and watery. We're having roast potk so the oven will be on.

ta

smile

GooseyLoosey Mon 15-Jun-09 15:27:39

Oh the answer is so tempting, but I will resist it, I will!

Actually have no practical ideas to offer - sorry.

Tinker Mon 15-Jun-09 15:28:47

Throw it away

EyeballshasManBoobs Mon 15-Jun-09 15:33:39

My mother used to do a mean stuffed marrow in the seventies, stuffed with mince and other such larks. Mind you, I never used to eat the fecker!

fruitshootsandheaves Mon 15-Jun-09 15:34:42

carve a funny face in it, put it in the window and say its for summer-een

Tinker Mon 15-Jun-09 15:36:07

"Cook" a Pot Noodle and stick that in it?

muddleduck Mon 15-Jun-09 15:36:43

grin

seeker Mon 15-Jun-09 15:40:38

My grandmother used to make marrow jam. It was disgusting.

If you can't part exchange it for some sweet potatoes or a butternut squash,and it you REALLY want to eat it, cut it into cubes and roast it with a lot of garlic. It'll be marginally less repulsive that way than any other way.

needajob Mon 15-Jun-09 15:49:52

Peel it and slice into rings. Cook in salted boiling water for 5 mins. Arrange in baking tin. Fill each ring with a tasty bolognaise. Pour over bechamel sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan or grated cheddar. Bake for 20mins until piping hot and serve with crusty garlic bread.

Delicious!

orangehead Mon 15-Jun-09 15:51:18

cut it up into small cubes and fry it with some onions. Marrow is my favourite veg. I could just eat a whole bowl of fried marrow onions - heaven

OhBling Mon 15-Jun-09 16:08:50

Marrow as in courgettes? I like them boiled with salt and butter similar to how I'd cook peas. They are also delicious roasted in some olive oil. Or you can thinly slice them and fry with lemon, garlic and chilli which is delicious too - we do this on spaghetti sometimes.

muddleduck Mon 15-Jun-09 19:12:59

OMG I forgot how disgusting marrow is.
That is the last time I listen to ds1 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now