Talk

Advanced search

branflakes for a 3 year old...too much fibre?

(6 Posts)
bubbly1973 Wed 11-May-05 16:13:36

i have always given my ds whose 3 in June readybrek for breakfast, but lately he just doesnt fancy it, infact he must be so bored of it that he gags!!

so dh has branflakes and ds had a bowl of it yesterday and today...whilst in tesco i was about to get cornflakes when ds said to get branflakes as they would both eat it...i said it may be too much fibre in it for a 3 year old to eat everyday for breakfast

is it?

bubbly1973 Wed 11-May-05 16:14:58

urm, i should preview before posting

ds never said to get the branflakes dh did

i would imagine ds would say get 'cocopops'

catgirl Wed 11-May-05 16:54:57

my ds (nearly 3) has branflakes and cornflakes mixed (his request) some morning, weetabix other mornings, or magic porridge (with honey) other mornings - on the branflake mornings it isn't obviously too much fibre IYKWIM! (by the way, he then goes to the childminder and has cocopops! Best of both worlds my boy )

Mud Wed 11-May-05 16:58:28

don't see why not been feeding mine shreddies and granary bread since 6 months old

if his poo starts getting affected then cut down or mix with other cereals

make sure he gets lots of liquids

mancmum Wed 11-May-05 16:59:32

my dd (21 months) is quite happy with a bowl of all bran a few days a week -- seen no illeffects so far!!

bubbly1973 Wed 11-May-05 19:00:33

thanks for the replys, will give him bran flakes and if his poo goes dodgy will cut back on it

thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now