Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bake off- I'm thinking lemon, poppy seeds and/or lavender?

(7 Posts)
cupofteaplease Sat 13-Jun-09 14:12:22

I've been roped into a bake off at my placement school. I want to make something light, rather than chocolatey which has been a common theme so far.

I'm thinking a lemon cake, but with a twist. Most obvious would be poppy seeds, but my mum lives near a lavender farm and they make the most delicious lavender-based cakes, so I'm thinking that could be an option? I was thinking of all three flavours but my dh said that wasn't a good idea!

Any advice and or recipes you may want to share? smile

Kathyis6incheshigh Sat 13-Jun-09 14:16:18

lavender sounds like the kind of thing that would be delicious if successful but vile if you put too much in!
I'm not sure I like the sound of combining lemon and lavender, but lemon and poppy seed is lovely.

junglist1 Sat 13-Jun-09 17:41:10

Mmn lemon and poppy seed!! What about lemon curd filling?

differentID Sat 13-Jun-09 17:43:32

lemon and poppy seed muffins with lemon curd filling?

playftseforme Sat 13-Jun-09 17:45:57

lavender in cakes and biscuits can be quite an acquired taste. I think you'll have more success with the lemon and poppy seed ones, they sound yummy smile

dittany Sat 13-Jun-09 17:48:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

junglist1 Sat 13-Jun-09 18:05:47

Yep love lemon and poppy seed, love lemon curd, if no one else likes I'll eat the bloody lot. Deal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now